tracy anderson-the pregnancy project. thumbs up!!

Options
SSAHM
SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
So I brought Tracey Anderson the pregnancy project workout dvd set and I have to give it the big thumbs up. For those of you who have never heard of it, it is a set of DVDs designed for pregnant mums. There is a dvd for each month of your pregnancy (so 9 in total) so as you get bigger and face different problems of pregnancy it adjusts to suit. It focuses on strength training using your own body weight or light hand weights. It is supposed to help you stay in shape and prepare your body for Labour. I am only 5w2d so I started with month 2 DVD obviously :-). Today was my first day. I was going to keep up with 30day shred but I was worried about things I should or.shouldn't be doing. I feel safe doing this workout knowing that this workout is specially designed for this time in my life and at each certain stage during my pregnancy. I'm used to the high energy of Jillian Michaels and usually find things like yoga boring. However the dvd is really really calming, nice calming music she talks calmly, I was actually really relaxed mentally. Physically however is does provide you with a good workout. I broke a sweat and I could feel my muscles working (be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow). I think because of the calming atmosphere I was really able to focus on form. Only bad thing I could say is some moves hurt my knees a bit, but I was stupid and didn't use a mat plus I have really bad knees. Overall I think it is a really good workout. I'll probably combine it with a little cardio. Cheers everyone. Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Replies

• HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have this set too. I do it on days I can't get out for a walk... the first three months are good...
    Month 4 and 5 are.... oh god... she's a beast. You spend the entire time on your hands and knees... I can't keep up. :noway:

I haven't gone past month 5 yet!
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hmmm interesting:huh: can't wait to give it a go:laugh:
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for suggesting it. I'll check it out!
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I bought Summer Sanders and the Erin O'Brien box set but have yet to even open them. I've had no energy whatsoever! I'm coming up on 12 weeks so hopefully I'll start feeling more up to it...I really want to keep myself healthy and active :)
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just did the month 6 DVD yesterday... again more shoulder and butt work but this one gives you more variety position-wise.
    My back was slightly sore today (good sore!) and I felt some oblique soreness too... which is also good.

I think month 5 is the most brutal so far...
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to try it I found a link on youtube it has all of the months. I'm doing month 8 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l1dhzDsFZM