What are your plans after Week 9?

Options
melissamarah
melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
Just curious.... After finishing C25K (which I know we all can do!) what are you going to do? Are you going to keep running 3x week? Are you going to try and push for 10K? Are you going to move on to another fitness/cardio plan?

One thing I've really liked about C25K is it's given me lots of mini goals to try and hit each week, but I have to admit, I'm getting bored. Running has never been my strong suit. And yesterday's run just plain sucked. Maybe tomorrow's run will feel better.

Another reason I'm bringing this up, is my boss (I'm a private swim instructor) just told me that swim season is starting up, and she wants my availability for teaching. I might start focusing back on swimming for cardio.

So what are your plans?

Replies

• ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What day/week are you on now? I will be on week 6 day 3 tomorrow. I've been thinking the same thing! Running has also not ever been my strong suit, but I love how I feel after I run. I would like to keep running, I don't really have any desire to run more than a 5k...but I think I might start HIT training, and doing intervals. I'd like to keep running 3x a week but intigrate some intensity workouts for strength...
  • bijoux79
    bijoux79 Posts: 79
    Options
    I've entered a 5k race and am starting training towards a 10k...that seems a million miles off at the moment but I have fallen in love with running and want to keep going
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Running isn't my strong suit either. I had to put off finishing 30DS since my body was not ok with the double days, so I will finish my last 15 days of that then I was thinking about adding running back in. Not quite sure yet. I am interested to see everyone elses plans.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I guess I hadn't thought of it yet.

I will continue running. Since I am soooo slow right now, maybe I'll just try to quicken my pace - little by little. Some races even require a minimum pace. (staying away from those for a while...) I don't think I'd ever run more than a 10K -- but never say never! :)
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've entered a 5k race and am starting training towards a 10k...that seems a million miles off at the moment but I have fallen in love with running and want to keep going

^^ This for me as well. Minus the falling in love part. I've more fallen in like and hope to fall in love soon! :love: I upgraded my C25K app to the C210K and plan on continuing to add the distance as well as working on my speed for my 5K.
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My plan is to run 2 miles on MWF and 1 mile on TTh. By just having the distance as my goals I can speed up and get done quicker which will be nice. I am going to start 30DS as well.
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I figured out my plan... I am going to finish 30DS (I have 15 days left from when I had to stop doing both 30DS and C25K) and start C210K. I am only doing 30DS during the week and I still have Yoga on Mondays and every other Wednesday. I am going to spread week 2 of C210K out over the 3 weeks of 30DS (on Fridays) just to keep some consistency up with my running and then do the remaining 5 weeks of C210K on T, TH, F. I am thinking after that I will do NROL4W on T & TH and keep up the running on Fridays.
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm probably just going to map out some 5k length runs near my house and work on speed + some weight lifting on the side.