Looking for New Friends

Options
Hello. This is the first day of the rest of my life. I've been living a very unhealthy lifestyle lately. My last A1C was very high. I need to get my sugars back into a healthy range. After my sugars are back to normal I'll be working on losing weight. I need to lose a lot of weight. My first goal is to lose 10 lbs by mid-March and I'll go from there. I'm just looking for some encouragement from other people in a similar situation. Thank you.

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! It seems for most of us that lowering the weight goes hand in hand with lowering our A1c. So make a few changes at a time, watch those carbs, and begin with walking some if you're not able to do too many other exercises right now. The people in this group are wonderful at encouraging others and sharing ideas. Again, glad you've decided to make some changes that will help get things under control.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello. This is the first day of the rest of my life. I've been living a very unhealthy lifestyle lately. My last A1C was very high. I need to get my sugars back into a healthy range. After my sugars are back to normal I'll be working on losing weight. I need to lose a lot of weight. My first goal is to lose 10 lbs by mid-March and I'll go from there. I'm just looking for some encouragement from other people in a similar situation. Thank you.

You can do it!!! I was exactly where you are only a year or so ago, so I get it. And let me tell you, if I can do it, you certainly can. :)
  • WIHOCKEYFAN
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I took a step backwards yesterday but ready to take 2 steps forward today.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    We all definitely understand the back and forth involved in this process. But stick with it and you'll make it! :flowerforyou:
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi there wihockeyfan!

You're absolutely right. Today IS, the first day, to the rest of your life and you've taken the first step by joining this site and all the wonderful nutritional tracking tools it offers.

By tracking your meals and carb intake and testing the choices you make with your meter one day at a time, you'll quickly learn what choices you've made are best for accomplishing your blood sugar management and lifestyle goals.

The My FitnessPal program when applied correctly ia an awesome tool for better and improved blood sugar management.
    This is an amazing community eager to help see you reach your goals.

I wish you the same success I've enjoyed by working this program as intended, finding out what works for you, then sticking to it like glue.

Go Badgers!:drinker:
  • WIHOCKEYFAN
    Options
    Thank you for the words of advice. I've already noticed changes just by making good food choices. It does help by recording every single thing I put in my mouth. Thanks again.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    That's great! :drinker:
    Using the MFP program really helps me to have an advantage over some of the guesswork.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I am finally back on the site after "falling off the wagon" for the last several months. I am type 2 diabetic and struggle with my weight loss. However, I am back and stronger than ever. I live and work in SE Wisconsin and also love the Packers!!! :)

I have sent you a friend request and would like to support you along your journey. Hopefully you are still plugging away at a healthier you!

Nancy