What do you make with your food processor?

Options
Makoce
Makoce Posts: 938 Member
I just bought a food processor today, yipee.
I also have a small nutri-bullet knock off but I wanted a processor for cauliflower rice & mash, as well as to cut sweet potatoes.
But since I eat these things occasionally & want to use my processor for stuff ... what else do you guys use your food processors for? Was thinking of making homemade Lara bars :drinker:

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I make my own almond flour. It's much cheaper than buying at the store.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can shred carrots & cabbage for slaw, broccoli & carrot slaw is good too. Shredded veg are great for stir fry dishes.
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, nut milk (as you said), bp tea or coffee, coconut milk, bone broth with gelatin, gelatin anything, uuuum, hubs fruit smoothies, but I don't eat them so.....
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    They are so good foe making mayo; which IMO should be its own food group : ).
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I LOVE my food processor!
    -Mayo
    -Juices
    -Chopping/shredding
    -Pesto
    -Avocado dressings
    -Puree
    -Nut milk
    -sauces
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I have a food processor that I don't really like and it's a pain to get out, use, clean, etc. But apparently the Vitamix I ordered can do most things I would use a food processor for. A lot of the reviews mention how well it makes mayo and nut butters, and of course vegetable smoothies and even soup in minutes. It's on it's way and I'm very excited. :love:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    grinding nuts for butter, and to mash up dates :)
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Mayo (and ranch): http://mypathtopaleo.blogspot.com/2012/07/traveling-perfect-ranch-dressingdip.html

Also, this: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1356203768/garlic-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes

And sometimes I throw sliced, frozen bananas in there with canned coconut milk & cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla to make "ice cream"
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Almond butter, frozen banana, vanilla and cocoa. Process lightly so you still have chunks of banana. Forms itself in to a scoop of 'ice-cream" . I know Banana's are a bit on the sweet side but if you are an ice-creamaholic in your soul then this can save you from a greater sin.

I also make my own almond butter. oh my gosh it is so good!!

Pureed vegetable soup, pesto,
  • PaleoRN
    PaleoRN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you can make pecan meal and use that for breakfast with a ton of butter. I used it to subsituite oatmeal. I also love, love love cauliflower rice and making soups and sorbets in it
  • EverythingNicki
    Options
    alot of the above mentioned foods but also one of my favs, Paleo Hummus which is basically hummus made from zucchini instead of garbonzos.....