It's happening again

Options
2»

Replies

• MissyAZjourney
    MissyAZjourney Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    drink a couple cups of broth...check for carb content...that usually does the trick
  • satinribbons
    Options
    I don't think it's the sodium issue. I've upped my sodium intake to almost 5g minimum around 4g and last night I've experienced dizziness and fast heartbeat again. I drank some salty water. I'm sure I've even reached my limit to 5 or a little more. It stopped after a few minutes but then woke me up in the middle of the night with heart palpitation again. I also drank a lots of water before going to bed like at least more 14 cups and I drank more water again during the heart palpitation.
    My upped my carb limit to 20-25g per day and I've been eating around 2,000 calories per day. My potassium is at least around 2,000.
    I'll go see a doctor today and see what's happening again.
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    How are you doing? Have you supplemented magnesium? Hopefully your doctor checked that too...
    :smile:
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll!

Thank you for this thread and the information in it. I've been having leg cramps almost every night (and sometimes two and three times a night) and feeling sick/lightheaded at times recently and now I know why!

I've got my magnesium and potassium pills to take every day with my morning coffee and Better'n Bullion qued up in the fridge.

:)
  • Ninanator
    Ninanator Posts: 38
    Options
    satinribbons, what blood work did your doc do? It seems like your metabolic panel was fine, and I'm assuming that your cbc-dif came back fine showing that you are not fighting a virus or anything bacterial, but I'm wondering if any hormone levels were tested.
  • keto420
    keto420 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have to take magnesium citrate and loads of K on keto. Also, when I first started I would get dizzy and tingly from low blood sugar after workouts. A friend told me the body has to build more cellular mitochondria to efficiently handle fat burning workouts. We all are individual on how much time and training that takes to completely switch over. It was a relief when the cramps, palpitations, dizziness stopped after all this smoothed out. Only thing now is, if miss even 48 hrs with no K supplementation, then I immediately get cramps again. Hope you feel better.
  • satinribbons
    Options
    I've tried to buy a magnesium supplement here but where I am at the moment is not legal to sell magnesium supplement.
    About my situation, update:
    I went to see a cardiologist and he did an echo testing done. He found my heart palp. problem. He said that I have a mild mitral valve prolapse which is a very common case to young thin women like me. He said that it's benign and nothing to worry about. It'll pass. He prescribed me a med to calm my palpitation for 20 days. Hope it'll really pass.
  • Ninanator
    Ninanator Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm so glad you updated us! And I'm glad you kept looking for an answer. Just keep that in mind, and take it easy when your body says to. We really are our own best advocates.
  • Mele1973
    Mele1973 Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow, just reading through this got me riled up! I'm so glad you posted an update and found a doctor who found the issue! It really interests me because since I got my heart radiated, I've noticed I can hear it pounding quite loudly, especially at night, but at other times, too. I'm pretty sure, just instinctively, that it's from the radiation. But you had me hanging on every line of this like a Stephen King movie!

Hope you're feeling better and can exercise (healthily) again soon!