Daily Food Schedule

Options
I was just curious to know everyone's food schedule, if you have one. I, myself have set alarms for times that I should eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and 3 snacks inbetween those. I find that this helps me, and I wanted to share a pin I saw on Pinterest that breaksdown what you should eat in the mornings, afternoons and evenings (put I can't post a pic) so i'll write it out.

Breakfast: 7:00am
Snack: 9:30am
Lunch: 12:00pm
Snack: 3:30pm
Snack: 5:30pm
Dinner: 7:00pm

Do you go by a eating schedule? If so, how long and has it helped you lose weight at all? Thanks :)

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Though I do tend to eat around the same time during the work week:
    Breakfast (after I get to work): between 8-9a
    Snack: between 10-11a (sometimes if I'm busy I forget to eat)
    Lunch: whenever I can pull myself away from my desk
    Snack: something with lots of protein 1-2 hours before workout
    Dinner: Around 7p (depending on when I'm finished working out)

Weekends are bad, try to eat a huge protein laden breakfast (after workout), usually no formal lunch, maybe a snack if I'm hungry. I'm usually pretty busy on the weekends, with errands, chores or checking on gramma. I do try to plan my meals, I eat a lot of the same foods, but if I'm hungry, I eat. I don't force myself to wait until my "designated feeding schedule". I think tracking my food and making mindful choices has more to do with weightloss than keeping a schedule, but I also think anything that helps you stay on track is a good thing.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I have a weekday schedule. My weekend schedule doesn't have the snacks:

Amazing Grass drink - 7:30am
    Breakfast - 9am
    Snack - 11am
    Lunch - 1pm
    Snack - 3pm
    Dinner - 6:30pm

I see progress when I'm consistent, but havent' been too consistent lately
  • Beautyinme2014
    Options
    I have never really considered a schedule. I am going to try this. I usually have a lemon, water, ginger, honey drink in the morning, and eat randomly through out the day. Thanks for the idea!
  • healthysista66
    Options
    I don't have a schedule but I tend to eat around the same time during the week.
    Breakfast between 8am - 9am
    Lunch between 12 - 1:30pm (depends on how many students flow in and out of my office)
    Lunch between 7pm - 8pm
  • Steezburt
    Steezburt Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a weekday schedule. My weekend schedule doesn't have the snacks:

Amazing Grass drink - 7:30am
    Breakfast - 9am
    Snack - 11am
    Lunch - 1pm
    Snack - 3pm
    Dinner - 6:30pm

I see progress when I'm consistent, but havent' been too consistent lately

Grass drink? What does it consist of...if you don't mind me asking :)
  • LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the same time during the week since I work Monday through Friday

9:30 breakfast
    11:30 snack
    2:00 Lunch
    5:00 snack
    7:30 Dinner

I stopped eating red meat 4 years ago, and eat very litte pork at all for the last 3 years. I am trying to incorporate more vegetables in my diet, I already eat plenty of fruit... but my main problem is sugary stuff, sweets, cakes, cookies and the like.. Sugar is definitely my weakness and I'm trying to overcome it everyday...
  • jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am pretty consistent with my day time meals, the issue I am having is my evenings. I leave work at 5 and at the gym by 6.30-7, workout for 1 to1.5hrs, then go home and have a small dinner, which is very late, but am up for a few hours after (night owl). I tried eating before going to the gym, and that does not work, was sick the whole time.

Any suggestions??