calves!!!!!

Options
KatyFace9801
KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
This morning I had to take so many breaks as my calves were just killing me with all the jumping. By the second round of the warm up. Yeah, it was actually a relief by the time we got to the suicide jumps and the ski abs just to be off my feet. And I don't just mean sore. I mean like after the jumping jacks I hurt hurt.
I haven't been running or doing much other work outs. I do wear high heels a lot. Any idea what may be causing it an maybe how to prevent it, ie: maybe stretch calves before?

Replies

• Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How's your potassium intake? Since starting this ive been eating bananas more often
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had something similar last week for my ankles. It might be that you pulled something.
  • MizMouRin
    MizMouRin Posts: 52
    Options
    I hear you on this one. This workout has probably been the most excruciating thing I have ever put my calves through! I agree with Artificer22, potassium is a good idea. What usually works for me, ironically, is more exercise. If I stay mostly sedentary during the rest of the day aside from doing Insanity it seems to take twice as long for my muscles to recover.

If you have time try squeezing in a brisk walk sometime during your day (in some comfy shoes), doesn't have to be a marathon, just maybe 10-15 mins to get your body warmed up and follow that with a good stretch.

Hope you feel better :) .. and remember, No pain, No gain lol ;)