Introduction

Options
If and when you join introduce yourself here.

I'm a 41 year old male. I'm married (anniversary this week -16 years!) and have 2 kids (boy and girl). I also have a 4 year old female boxer who is like my 3rd kid!

I have roughly 50 pounds to lose and am very frustrated with that fact. 10 years ago I had the same 50 pounds to lose and I started Power 90. In the next 3 years after that I had lost all 50 pounds with a variety of workouts by beachbody. Power90, slim in 6, Power 90 half hour, Power 90 master series, P90X to name a few. I was in the best shape of my life in 2008 and on top of the world. Well, then I incurred a shoulder injury and had to have surgery. I was laid up from the surgery and rehab for over 6 months. I let things slide a bit then and put on some weight. Over the next couple years I would lose a little and gain a little, but was still at a respectable weight until 2012. In 2012 I started to have lower back pain/issues. It hurt just to walk. I really got lazy with my workouts and eating habits at that point and gained quite a bit of weight. I went to chiropractor and felt some relief but by that point the damage was done and I just had no inspiration to lose the weight. I've battled through the back issues for the last few years and now I feel pretty good. Still going to chiropractor once every week or so and seems to be that my back is doing well.

So I'm ready to tackle these workouts again and drop some pounds. It was bad enough at 31 being 50 lbs overweight, but at 41 it feels even worse!!!

Just push play, just bring it, do your best and forget the rest!

Replies

• ally_land
    ally_land Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My name is Ally. I met Skill (the moderator) about 6? years ago via an online fitness website. We were both hardcore P90X'ers at the time. We've remained online friends since then so I am here to offer my support......I guess I may as well get into shape while I'm at it. ;-)

Health and wellness is definitely a priority for me. I'm a big advocate of loving yourself NOW......eating well and exercising because you love yourself and want to take care of the body you have. I tried it the other way for most of my life (hating my body....eating and exercising from a place of self-loathing).....and can attest that does not work. Maybe short term, but not in the long run.

I recently had a couple more kids so fitness has been on the back burner for a little while. It's time for me to start exercising and feeling strong and empowered again. I'm ready for some Power 90! ;-)
  • want2bahotmama
    want2bahotmama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Jen I am 35 and I need to get rid of about 20 lbs. I did Power 90 years ago it was wonderful and better yet I felt wonderful! But, then I had my second child had a few family health issues to take care of and before I knew it I was over weight.. By the time I noticed I just didn't really care that was the last thing on my mind so fast forward a few years in 2011 I lost 30 lbs and was doing good enjoying life then I took on a full time desk job and the weight has slowly started to come back little by little but, with 60 hour weeks and 40 hours Mom/Wife weeks I put myself on the back burner.. I just turned 35 and woke up thinking what am I doing? I have to take care of myself otherwise who will be around to take care of everyone? So I have lost 10 lbs so far and looking to get rid of the other 20! I just restarted Power 90 today and it felt good to get back at it! So I am looking forward to this.
  • skill133
    skill133 Posts: 161
    Options
    Welcome to the group Jen. Great job on losing 10 pounds so far...well on your way!
  • ally_land
    Options
    Hi Jen.....welcome!

I hope you post your updates and anything else you'd like to share on the chit-chat thread. I am also doing Power 90 and it would be nice to share the fun with someone. ;-)
  • DivaDeV
    DivaDeV Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My name is Diva and I am a wife (23 years married to husband Brook) and mother of 5. The kids are now 20 (Ariana), 19 (Austin), 17 (Elyssa), 13 (Avery) and 12 (Ethan).

I started Power 90 back in January of 2003 and lost 50 pounds the first year and 20 more the second year. I had some health issues pop up along the way and gained 30 pounds over a 3 year span. I had a corrective procedure done and over the next 2 years lost more than 20 of it. I am 5' 7" and about 150 pounds (was 212 back in 2003 when I started). Ideally I would like to lose 5-10 pounds but I don't want to count calories anymore....so I'm not ;)

I am currently in the last Block of P X3 but I am not really following the X3 nutrition plan. I have a M-F nutrition plan that works pretty well when I work it.

I hope to be able to check in a few times a week.

Great to catch up with you all here :)
  • DivaDeV
    Options
    Welcome Jen :) Not sure we met on the TBB boards but I look forward to get g to know you here.

Ally, I had no idea that you had kids. that's great how many now total?
  • ally_land
    Options
    Diva,

I have 3 boys. Oldest is 17 and the two little guys are 4 and almost 3. I had a nice little break in between. ;-)
  • DivaDeV
    Options
    That's great Ally! I have a daughter that is 17 and graduating this year. Nice that you have two younger boys! They are so fun at that pre-school age :)