Anyone else doing LCHF in this group?

Options
dperri471
dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
I started LCHF not long ago and the weight seems to be melting away and I was once hungry all the time and now I'm full after each meal and that lasts a really long time. I'm hoping some others out there are doing this type of lifestyle change and we can compare notes and recipes. Please drop in and say hi.

Thank you

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I do leto which probably is a stricter version on LCHF.
  • dperri471
    Options
    I am not familiar with leto.... what is that?
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    I think the only healthy way to do lc is lchf. After all my research, I would never recommend any other way. I love it, also. :)
    Options
    Spell check on my phone, I meant to say Keto or Ketogenic.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm inadvertantly doing LCHF and I'm loving it as well. I started out doing just low carb but noticed my fat grams were climbing. at first I was freaking out about it, but then the weight starting dropping so I was like "Hey this is awesome! Lets eat some butter!" lol Seriously though, this is the first diet that i'm not craving constantly and not snacking all the time. I'm good with my meals and feel great!
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing Keto and loving it! I never liked sweets anyway so this has been easy. And the weight just falls right off! Nice to meet all of you!
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    yes same thing but when you get hunger again it hits you do not binge
  • booxgirl
    booxgirl Posts: 5
    Options
    I am. It's great!
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes I am, feel free to send me a friend request. my first time on this and I love it!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This is my second serious attempt at LCHF. It works very well for me. My skin problems have cleared up, my tummy issues are gone, I feel great, and the pounds are just falling off!

Feel free to add me :)
  • dperri471
    Options
    Thanks for responding... for those you that are. Are you finding it hard to eat all you macros of fat? I keep eating more protein which I know is not right Fat should be almost 70% of what I eat but I can't seem to get my numbers to fall the right way. Any idea's?
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding... for those you that are. Are you finding it hard to eat all you macros of fat? I keep eating more protein which I know is not right Fat should be almost 70% of what I eat but I can't seem to get my numbers to fall the right way. Any idea's?

What are your sources of protein? Are you eating lean meats?

To help, are you logging any oils or butter you're cooking with? Purchase 73% or 80% ground beef...it's cheaper anyways! I make chicken wrapped bacon about once a week...nothing better than adding bacon to something! Are you eating eggs with cheese?

I eat low carb (and high fat) and if I'm struggling with ratios, I'll try to have a snack or a meal of something that you'd eat on a fat fast. I'm not advocating by any means for you to do one, but I found it helpful to learn about foods that are very high fat and low protein (around 90/10 ratio). Now if I'm close to my max in carbs or protein, or I know I'm having a big salad and leaner meat for dinner, I'll have 2 ounces of cream cheese for part of a meal or snack. You could also look up bulletproof coffee (basically adding oil and butter to your coffee).
  • dperri471
    Options
    You are right about learning more about food ratios. How did you learn so much about them? The internet? I have to admit for most of my dieting life which started at birth I think I have only watched calories and really nothing else. I have to have a lifestyle change and I really think this program will work for me. I guess I just need to do the work and figure out the macros in most foods. Alos I have not been recording the butter and oils I have been cooking with --- thanks for pointing that out! I keep hearing and reading about bulletproof coffee and tea but putting butter and oil in my coffee sounds really quite disgusting but I guess I'm going to have to break down and try it since I keeping hearing how great it is and how long it will keep you full. Thanks for your insights!!!!!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options

I try and make sure each meal has more fat than protein and more protein than carbs and it all seems to work out. As long as you're happy with how you feel and the results you're getting I'd keep doing what you're doing. :smile:
    Options
    You are right about learning more about food ratios. How did you learn so much about them? The internet? I have to admit for most of my dieting life which started at birth I think I have only watched calories and really nothing else. I have to have a lifestyle change and I really think this program will work for me. I guess I just need to do the work and figure out the macros in most foods. Alos I have not been recording the butter and oils I have been cooking with --- thanks for pointing that out! I keep hearing and reading about bulletproof coffee and tea but putting butter and oil in my coffee sounds really quite disgusting but I guess I'm going to have to break down and try it since I keeping hearing how great it is and how long it will keep you full. Thanks for your insights!!!!!

Make a coffee with heavy whipping cream. Its as good as a bullet proof coffee if you are looking for quick fat.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Make a coffee with heavy whipping cream. Its as good as a bullet proof coffee if you are looking for quick fat.

This is what I need to start doing...I am HOOKED on my coffee creamer...would rather have the fat than the additional carbs.
  • bebrooksie
    Options

Heavy cream has become a staple in most of my cooking because it is a great (and delicious!) way to get that fat % higher. I mix it in my eggs, put it in my coffee, and make cream sauces for my proteins. I also cook with coconut oil which is packed with wonderful nutrients as well as the fat you're looking for :)
  • washingtonred
    Options
    I just started today, so I'm reading everything I can because I really want to do this correctly.

Red
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Reddit has some of the best resources to learn more about HFLC or Keto

For a brief overview - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gZfJejOM8fJsX1iCilmnpp1qmT_KncJwWCR4-EsaEHc/edit?pli=1

For FAQ - http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

For inspiration/additional information - http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/top/
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I am. I'm doing a ketogenic diet. I love it. I'm not as hungry as before when I counted calories. I'm also dropping weight at a steady clip.