Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you log pizza toppings?

autumnsquirrel
autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
Not sure if this has been answered, but I figured I would ask, as a newbie to the low carb lifestyle. I loooove pizza and understand that I can only eat the toppings, which is quite fine with me as the topping is my favorite part;) I plan to order a small white pizza with broccoli, spinach and onions. If I am only eating the topping, how would I log it? Are there hidden carbs I should know about? What say you, fellow peeps?

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    You can either use something in the database, or try to load the individual ingredients that you think they used. Unless you make it yourself, there's always some risk that what you enter won't be accurate. But you can probably get pretty close by guessing.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    I just build my components one at a time unless I intend to repeat it, then I will make a recipe with the components and add it to my database. Also I have done this only once but Cauliflower Pizza crust is very easy to make and fit the Paleo lifestyle very well. There are plenty of recipes on line.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    I normally log 1/8 cup tomato sauce and 2 oz mozzarella cheese and accept that I'll be off by a bit. You can look through the database for pizza topping entries, or you can try and build it based on what you know you ate.

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/ -- I've heard great things about this pizza crust. Foodwishes.com also has a great recipe for cauli crust pizza, but don't go into it thinking it's going to be an exact replacement. It's not. It's still cauliflower. It's good, but don't think it'll be like flour dough.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    I look them up in the MFP database. There's lots of folks who have already done this work for you. Some of the entries have been data transferred from commercial pizza chains that have this information on their websites. HTH
  • autumnsquirrel
    I normally log 1/8 cup tomato sauce and 2 oz mozzarella cheese and accept that I'll be off by a bit. You can look through the database for pizza topping entries, or you can try and build it based on what you know you ate.

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/ -- I've heard great things about this pizza crust. Foodwishes.com also has a great recipe for cauli crust pizza, but don't go into it thinking it's going to be an exact replacement. It's not. It's still cauliflower. It's good, but don't think it'll be like flour dough.
    I have made cauliflower pizza in the past and could not stop eating it--it's a pain in the badoobies to make, though, but pretty good. I will try the faux carb one that you mentioned. I will never not want pizza!!!!:)
  • autumnsquirrel
    I look them up in the MFP database. There's lots of folks who have already done this work for you. Some of the entries have been data transferred from commercial pizza chains that have this information on their websites. HTH
    Thank you:) Luckily I found one from a chain restaurant the hubby brought home yesterday. I try my best to take the topping off without getting bread stuck to it. The listing looked reasonable. I could eat an entire pizza topping, LOL:)