St. Patrick's Weekend

Options
DJRonnieLINY
DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
Corned Beef Brisket: 3 oz, 213 calories, 15 gr Protein. Boiled Cabbage: 35 calories per cup, 2.6 gr Protein. Guiness Draft: 210 calories per pint.

Happy St. Patrick's weekend everybody!!

Replies

• DJRonnieLINY
    Options
    Drink a 1/2 pint Guiness - wait an hour, have some Corned Beef and Cabbage (1/2 cup), wait an hour, drink a Guiness 1/2 pint. 30 minutes to drink the beer, 60 minutes to wait. 30 minutes to eat, 60 minutes to wait, 30 minutes to drink the beer. Avoid the Potato and Soda Bread.

3.5 hour party: 440 calories, 17 grams of protein. Enjoy the celebration, no need to skip tne social aspect of St Patrick's Day.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You have it all figured out! Awessome plan and detail! Enjoy!! :drinker:
  • Latse
    Latse Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Making a ruben cassarole w/ corn beef, saurkraut, baby swiss and 1000 island (no rye on my side of it)
    No beer for me either, foods with bubbles are banned. So I will make my shamrock shake with a frozen vanilla premier protien and Davinci pepermint patty syrup
  • Choppy1973
    Options
    I 4 1/2 months post-op. My doc told me no alcohol for 6 months. His PA said that physically I could have some but frowned upon it because of the empty cals. Being from Celtic heritage on both sides (Irish and Welsh) and with a middle name of Patrick, this St. Patty's Day may be difficult not embibing with one pint.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I already had some last night....
    5 oz sliced corned beef
    1/4 c shaved cabbage (the stuff in the small bag used to make coleslaw)
    1 oz swiss cheese
    2 Tbsp thousand Island Dressing

Never missed the bread or potatos
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Making a ruben cassarole w/ corn beef, saurkraut, baby swiss and 1000 island (no rye on my side of it)
    No beer for me either, foods with bubbles are banned. So I will make my shamrock shake with a frozen vanilla premier protien and Davinci pepermint patty syrup
    Believe me, it take sooo long to drink a beer that there will be no bubbles. My last beer was Super Bowl. 1 light beer took 3 hours to drink, only 98 cals
  • DJRonnieLINY
    Options
    Exactly Mango! Guiness is the most lightly carbonated beer I found and the Draught Bottle is only 125 Calories. Have been enjoying some on occasion since 3 month mark. Dr. said eat and drink what you can tolerate in small amount. Make sure of protein and fluids. NUT is more strict but I always default to my Dr. Working so far!!!