New to this group

Options
Hello, everyone I am new to this group. I am excited and reafy for this journey. I welcome all new friends with a positive outlook on the journey.

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Glad to know you! :)
  • sunnydayz71
    sunnydayz71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome :-)
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I am new feel free to add me.
  • pinkzinnia716
    pinkzinnia716 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I recently joined MFP and just joined this group. I'm also starting the 5:2 Fast Diet today. I know there are some other groups that focus on that plan but I'm particularly interested in experiences those of us who are into our 40s have had with it? In a nutshell, I was a skinny kid and gained about 80 pounds between 15 and 19, then lost about 60 lbs. I kept that off for the better part of 20 years but have experienced about 15 pounds of weight creep in the last handful of years. Now, in my mid-40s, I can't believe how hard it is even to lose a pound or two!! This plan seems like one I could stick with, particularly as my hub's work involves a lot of social activities (read: lots of eating and drinking) throughout the week. Any successes out there? Any advice?
  • Mainesthai
    Mainesthai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    Glad to meet everyone. I live in Miami and I recently started a 30-day fitness and nutritionaal challenge - which means I'm eating clean (no alcohol) and working out 3-4 times a week. Wish me luck. Looking for other 40 and fabulous for motivation. Also, if any of you live in north Miami - lets meet on the pavement.
  • Mainesthai
    Mainesthai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What is the 5:2 fast diet?
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new again too. Joined a year or so ago and strayed awhile.
  • pinkzinnia716
    pinkzinnia716 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry for the delayed response regarding the 5:2 Fast Diet. There's lots of good information online about it but in a nutshell, you reduce your calories to a very low number two days per week (the plan recommends 500 for women and 600 for men), then eat 'normally' the rest of the days, and the low calories days can be consecutive or spaced through the week. I did it for a week or two (I found that 500 was just too low and that about 650 worked better) but since have sort of made up my own version of the 'zig zag' diet (I do two days at 750, four days at 1250, and one day where pretty much anything goes) at and I have FINALLY busted through a weight wall. I've had to take it easy on exercise for a few weeks due to illness but once I start that back up, I'll add some calories to each of the days to ensure I have enough energy.