Dress clothes

Options
arwacky
arwacky Posts: 1,653
Soooo...I'm starting a new job (woohoo!) but when I put my dress pants on they look baggy and unflattering which means a little bit of shopping is gonna have to occur. I wanna start off this new job looking dabomb.com lol!! Problem is..I'm between dress sizes at the moment! How do you cope with this??? I don't want to buy an entire wardrobe of clothes only to see it won't fit me in two months time. :sad: <-- only a little. It's awesome how many compliments I've gotten from ppl lately :bigsmile:

Replies

• gdjester1
    gdjester1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar issue right now. I have to have clothes for work but nothing is fitting right now. I'm determined to keep up my fitness routine so I know if I go buy something it will only a short while that I will be able to wear it. I can't afford to do that every few weeks. I've decided to buy a few new things like pants that I will need for work, but I'm also digging out old shirts that I haven't fit into in years. I had some boxed up. It's a really good feeling to put on something that once upon a time I really liked but didn't believe I'd be able to fit into ever again.

Next week I'm going to hit a thrift shop or two to see if there is something decent that will fit me right now that I don't have to spend a fortune on. I figure I can wear it for a few weeks then hopefully re-donate it again.
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Congrats!!!! :flowerforyou:

Yeah I keep seeing your statuses and I'm so proud of you!!! :drinker:

So I actually went shopping yesterday and I'm not awkwardly between 2 dress sizes..I'm the smaller size!!! Woohooo!!! I only bought 2 pairs of pants that I can rotate with my skirts/dresses cause luckily those still fit ok. And fortunately, I'm still the same size in shirts. I'll look into my local thrift shop but I think I'm losing weight at a much slower rate than you. I should hopefully be ok with what I have.