Anyone from Lansing, MI & surrounding areas?

Options
Ksh1055
Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
I'm looking for friends from Lansing and the surrounding areas: Charlotte, Mason, St Johns, Battle Creek, Grand Ledge, etc. We more than likely went through this procedure by the same Weight Management team. I think being friends would benefit us all as we all dealt or are dealing with the same staff.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• Shannie312
    Shannie312 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a little farther northeast (saginaw area) but wanted to give a shout out! Hope you are well :)
  • Ksh1055
    Options
    Thanks. At least you're in Michigan.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Grand Rapids here, so a little further out than you asked for and most likely with a different doctor/office. But hey, sleeved is sleeved! Good luck with your journey!!
  • tompkinsw
    tompkinsw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Much farther north than you (Gaylord), but just thought I'd stop and say hi.
    I hope you find some local people; I'd LOVE to find others near me to converse with, but I guess we are few and far between.
  • Ksh1055
    Options
    I know the area well. My grandparents had a cabin on North Blue Lake just northwest of Grayling where I have gone since I was little. It's a beautiful area.

I just think that there are so many groups we don't all get on the same one, unfortunately.

I just had my sleeve done 2/5/14 and so far, so good as long as you follow your surgeon's and Dr.s instructions as closely as possible. At my post-surgery visit the first thing my surgeon did was look and feel the texture of my hair. She knew immediately that I was getting in my fiber and protein daily and she answered a couple of questions I had.

Good luck, but if you are like me and this is something you have research and thought long and hard about, you will be successful.

Karen
  • losinit4evermore
    losinit4evermore Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi: I am from Portland. Went through Sparrow Weight Management Center. Surgeon Mindy Lane. Had my surgery September 9 and just had my six month check up. Everything going well. Where are you in your journey?
  • Ksh1055
    Options
    Dr. Lane was also my surgeon and I was sleeved 2/5/14 and have lost about 30 pounds. I still have to purchase a scale so I can input a weekly weight number.

You are doing GREAT!! I would be glad to be your friend.
  • Ksh1055
    Options
    Thank you and take it easy.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm from GR and sleeved last Tuesday with Dr. Schram. Nice to see other MI people here!