new!

Options
Hello! I'm 22 and I was diagnosed when I was 12. Just curious for those who are heavy exercisers: what do you eat before a heavy workout that doesn't make you STARVING afterwards? Also, I've recently been drinking things with Splenda in it, but I've heard that it's really not good for you. Thoughts? Is there a healthier sweetener?

Replies

• EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise heavy 1 hour after lunch. Then after the workout, I eat another meal consisting of a homemade larabar, hard-boiled egg, and a protein powder mixed in water. Yes new info is coming out how Splenda isn't as healthy as it's made out to be. You could try coconut sugar. I use the Madhava brand: 1 teaspoon= 15 calories and 4g carbs.
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome to MFP. I've been T1 for 42 years & I've tried every artificial sweetener out there & sooner or later you find out they're not good for you. Now I'm reading articles that say Truvia is the best one to use...so I am. Truvia has no calories & just a few carbs. I usually eat breakfast about one hour before workouts & sometimes eat a protein bar if my BS is low when done
    Diane