Resurecting this dead group :)

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Hey y'all! I hope everyone is well and feels awesome about completing their tough mudder events!! I've read that a few people completed one, and some were training.

I sort of fell away from MFP for awhile, and gave up on training for the Tough Mudder I was going to do last year. I found one in October in NC that will be not too far from where I'm at for work, and I'm gonna do it! It will give me 7 months to train up for it. Woot!!

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

I'm still racing - dis a 10k mud run/swim yesterday and got a few more lined up although my training has mainly concentrated on the running part the last few months as have also signed up for a couple of half marathones.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    You inspire me!!! :)

How many days a week do you run vs weight training or other kinds of work outs? I'm going to be fitting running in with my T25 workouts.. I'm thinking 1-3 runs a week will be good enough since cardio won't be my focus for the runs, it will mostly be getting to a point where my distance can be increased.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I normally run 4 or 5 times a week as its my chill out time. Strength training has sort of fallen by the wayside but going back to T25 next week.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am volunr for a TM in two weeks so I can get a cheaper TM when I do one later this year in November.

I'm honestly more intimidated of getting my Spartan Trifecae then I am a TM right now. Those burpees are evil.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    aaahhhhh burpees >_<
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Burpees are evil, evil things.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    yes!! haha what will you be doing at the tough mudder as a volunteer? that sounds like fun
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Just bag check. But TM is so expensive that I need the discount. Lol
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've got my fourth TM coming up in September.. I'm also signed up to do a bike ride from Seattle to Portland.. 200ish miles, 2 days.. which is in July. I thought about volunteering for the Portland TM so I could get the discount for Seattle's but I ultimately wanted to be signed up way before the openings for volunteering, maybe next year!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I've got my fourth TM coming up in September.. I'm also signed up to do a bike ride from Seattle to Portland.. 200ish miles, 2 days.. which is in July. I thought about volunteering for the Portland TM so I could get the discount for Seattle's but I ultimately wanted to be signed up way before the openings for volunteering, maybe next year!

Bad@ss!!!! FOUR?! haha wow that's awesome. And a 200 mile ride sounds like an awesome challenge. Good luck!!