3-17-14

Options
mel521
mel521 Posts: 74 Member
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

daily thread

I did W5D1 this morning. It was better than I anticipated. It was three 5 minute runs. I wanted to give up in the middle one, but by the third one I was good to go. I'm dreading the 8 minutes on Wednesday and 20 minutes on Friday!!! I think I'll have to slow down a bit to make it 20 minutes!

Replies

• FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think these longer runs are all about being in a good "headspace" - for me, the right music makes all the difference. Just in case any of you are into electronic music - here's what came on Pandora for me yesterday:

If you get past those first beats, I think its got a happy inspiring beat (and I like the claps):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXH5QNL_Yyg
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I did W5D1 on Saturday. Meant to get up today to do D2. There is always tomorrow! I agree, music really helps. I like the Laid back Beach music channel on pandora.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    im a bit behind with my weekly workout, comfortably done w4d1 today, im getting very bored of our route, but i run with my sister and friend. so when we can talk we do, so no music and beat to run to.
    I know i can run 5k, but still need to stop, at least 4 times. But running with others you run with your last man, and move on together.
    Good luck everyone with week 5, and your 20 min run. very tempted to see if i can do 20 mins before then. longest so far is about 12.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Off day for me (run wise)...walked the trail with co worker though. 84 degrees but windy today. Hope everyone had a great run today:drinker:

Music is the best thing on those runs, although it never fails to get a few slow tunes in a row on my longer runs (I have a memory card in the cell).

Tomorrow I think is my last week. I truly doubt at the end of this I can really run the distance. I don't know if all programs are the same but mine (zen labs) says run x amt of a mile / 20 (whatever #) minutes. I am sure I can do the minutes but truly wonder if I'm getting that distance in, half the time I'm almost tripping over my feet with the slow pace I'm going at. LOL:noway:
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 5 Day 2 today, and for the first time I can really see myself reaching 5k in one go without stopping. It remains to be seen if the old body holds up.

Did you know that as you age, your foot pads lose fat so you are prone to sore metatarsals? Grrrr. I hate getting old.
  • maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ahh! Finally did the week 6, day 2 run which is 10 min R, 3 min W, 10 min R. It took me from Saturday to today to do it. (not that I have been running since saturday!!)
    But I did it!! My running app is a 10k run one (goes for 14 weeks) and doesn't have the 20 min run until week 7.... Not sure if that is a good thing or not.
    I was so pleased to do the 2 x 10 minute runs -- I felt that I was jinxing myself and getting all uptight about it. I ran inside rather than outside and maybe that helped to 'contain' it a bit more. Oh well, next run is 15 min, 5 walk, 5 min run.

I have been setting the treadmill to 5km also so that I walk the end distance to do the 5k. Anybody else doing this? Any tips? I have been using the last 5 minutes to do the 'fast exercise' of 20 second interval running.....
    Good luck all.
  • mel521
    mel521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try some different music and see if it helps me focus better. I'e got to get my head right! Great job, everybody!