Nutrition guide

Options
DJ478
DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
Is everyone following nutrition guide ? I' decided not to follow meal guide due to budget issues wondering if anyone else isn't following it and still getting results

Replies

• fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm not following it, just eating at a deficit on here, and I've lost almost 5lbs (had to convert from kg haha!) since we started.
  • DJ478
    Options
    Oh ok I'm on day 2 today and cleaned up my eating a bit so was wondering how it going for those staying within calories I am only doing t25 not paired with anything so even if I can shake off 10 lbs I'll be glad lol
  • fe_nyx
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 3 today. I'm not sure if its the program that has helped me drop that weight or if I was just due to anyway. I seem to sit at one weight for a couple of weeks and then drop a bunch at once. It will be interesting to see how it compares after Alpha has finished.
  • DJ478
    Options
    I have stalled for awhile now so hopefully I can budge the scale a bit
  • MadFrankie99
    MadFrankie99 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There are many factors that contribute to weight loss...and don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat so there will always be times when you step on the scales and they haven't budged but in actual fact you have swapped fat for muscle.

That's why most people suggest you take general measurements and also calculate things like % body fat. That way you aren't fixated on one thing, if the scales haven't gone down one week but you've dropped 2% body fat or an inch off your weight then that's actually a very good thing but you wouldn't know that from scales alone.

It's often the main reason why people fall off the fitness wagon - 'MY weight isn't changing, this must be rubbish'
  • fe_nyx
    Options
    Exactly! For all the times the scales hasn't moved, my measurements have changed. And I can see the changes in my body, which is such motivation! It's nice to have the scales agreeing with measurements or how my clothes are fitting, but I know that my body and how it looks and feels is a better indication of what is going on.
  • martynangus3113
    Options
    I'm not following it and I'm seeing results :D Getting stronger and faster and I'm loosing my podgy bit lol :P
  • MelissaRettie
    MelissaRettie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Exactly! For all the times the scales hasn't moved, my measurements have changed. And I can see the changes in my body, which is such motivation! It's nice to have the scales agreeing with measurements or how my clothes are fitting, but I know that my body and how it looks and feels is a better indication of what is going on.

Love this!!! I couldn't have said this better myself!
  • DJ478
    Options
    Thanks everyone I haven't followed it either and I often order In for dinner :/ I know bad me I usually just eat have and save the rest for lunch but starting next week Ima cut out ordering in so much because many say it helps boost results I have been staying within my calories though