Lonely Ketoer NYC

mistersir86
mistersir86 Posts: 4 Member
6 Days going strong, but living in NYC isn't the easiest on keto. The temptations are in every corner and honestly being on keto isn't the cheapest either but with all that the one this i've grown accustomed to is the weird looks i get when i order food. For example from time to time i would go to McDonalds and order the bacon mcdouble with no bun or ketchup and the looks are priceless. Ordering isn't as bad as actually sitting down and eating, since i ask for no buns the put the patties on a plate, so when i sit down and eat its another show. Now it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't that im overweight so everyone automatic assumption is that i am just a fat pig. I wanted to know have any of you gone through this before?
I do want to make a note of this, since i started keto i can feel the difference overall, the results aren't magical but my energy level is up, and every morning regardless of how tired i was the night before or how much sleep i get, i wake up energized and fully alert it is amazing!.

Replies

• Oh my God, don't feel that way, please! I also live in NYC and it is so tough! I can imagine that anywhere it would be tough to find food on-the-go without buns (everything has f%^%^ing BUNS!!!) I'm too shy to even ask for "special orders", as it is I never eat out, except for the occasional purchase of almonds from the corner store. Besides that, I started buying protein shakes to take to school with me, and it sates my out-of-the-house-temptation-induced hunger. And I am also overweight, so I know how you feel. But us big peeps tend to think that everyone is judging us at any moment all the time. I don't care, do you? I'm trying to reach a healthy weight, and until I get there, this is what I look like. If I can deal with it, then all the strangers' eyeballs will have to as well. Don't give up! I've been on keto since the end of January of this year and I've lost close to 15 pounds, but vastly more inch-wise. I don't even exercise, besides walking. So don't get paranoid, and just do you. In the end, people are so self-absorbed nowadays that they probably don't even notice you (I mean this in a positive way, I'm sure you're quite exceptional!)

Sending well wishes, and feel free to add me as a friend. I never cheat and leave positive feedback ; )
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    You should do whats best for you. When I am traveling, which is 4 days almost every week. I order a star bucks heavy whipping cream latte. The starbucks employees would ask me 4 times before making my drink. I didn't care, here I am 3 months later, 35 lbs lighter. Now, the same starbucks employees started asking me what the hell I am doing, how is it possible to lose so much weight drinking 1200 cals of fat in a single cup of coffee. Have patience, you can enjoy the great results later.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    I have ordered an avocado burger to go, then taken the bun out and tossed it. Since the bun constitutes "carbage" I don't worry about it. :) If you are too tempted to eat the bun (did that once too), then keep on doing what you did. Ignore the masses! It is you and your journey that matters most.
    I often eat lunch in my company cafeteria, pulling out a jar of olives, a conbini salad and a piece of fried chicken bought at a local grocery store, while all around me people are eating carby meals of rice and noodles on trays from the food line. They stare, I shrug.
  • mistersir86
    mistersir86 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you guys so much, and yeah its tough but im sticking to it.
  • Good job! Keep it up!