Schedule for Starting on JUDDD

Options
jchrisman717
jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
I didn't want to highjack Mom's post so I started my own here! I'm starting today on a DD. I've plugged my numbers in and need to plan because I do have days that should be DD that will need to be MD because of the activity I am doing. Here's my plan for the next two weeks if anyone wants to check my numbers and chime in - I'm game to advice. My stats are 5'2"; Female; 170 weight; 49 age.

Today (Friday): 500 (I may be a little over as I'm still adjusting)
Saturday - UP - 2257
Sunday - MD (riding trials motorcycles so need a little more energy) 1400 (2/3 of my UP)
Monday - DD 500
Tuesday - UP 2257
Wednesday MD 1400 (Chili day at work - going to try to do less than the 1400 though
Thursday UP 2257
Friday DD 500
Saturday UP 2257
Sunday MD 1400
Monday DD 500
Tuesday UP 2257
Wednesday DD 500
Thursday UP 2257
Friday DD 500

Ok - question - should I take a few UP days around a medium day lower than a normal UP day?

Thanks I would appreciate any input.

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Hi!

On the site for the JUDDD diet its suggested to do the under 500 cals evey other DD's strictly for the first two weeks to get your body used to the pattern of eating. After that choose the rate you want to lose weight at 20, 35% etc. and eat what is recommended.

My days are regulated by light excersize and so I eat around 450 cals DD and a little over 1800 on UD for 25%.

I read on a juddd forum that if you decide to do MD's its perfectly ok, just expect to lose a little slower.
    it seems quite a few people do that and it works just fine. life happens and there are sometimes social events etc. that come into play, so its very flexible.

I am it it for the long run, when i get to my goal I can see this being a way of maintenance eating ongoing.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I see thanks for the info. I think I will use this week as a trial week to see how I would need to plan for my DD since I decided to do this at the last minute with no preparation. I can see from yesterday that I will definitely need to plan ahead.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    OK - I'm stil playing with this because I really like this concept. This week is my trial week and I am preparing to start next Monday on keeping my calories on DD to the 500. I tried yesterday and did good until I got home then I was hungry and had a little food, not as much as I would normally. I can tell that that is going to be my biggest challenge is not eating with my husband on my DD so I need to plan dinners that I don't like to eat - like last night I fixed him something I am not fond of and I didn't eat any, I just had a snack. So I went over my 500 calories by 300 so today I'm going to aim for an UP Day less the 300 calories I ate yesterday. I know this is not really JUDDD its more of a zig zag but easing my body into the 500 calorie DD.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did a zig zag a bit at the beginning too.
    I did it recently on a week vacation with friends and DIDNT gain!

For me, i put off eating as long as I can on DD. Then, I snack on something really small and low cal. Then I drink broth. When I make dinner, I make tons of veggies and a small portion of protein. This keeps me in my goal.

Good luck on your jump start!