Great sites to check out Thanks!
  • brookrd1
    brookrd1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm interested:smile:
  • mom2boxerdogs
    mom2boxerdogs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. I am totally confused about keto and how to go about it, and need recipes. Hope you get to create a new website. How about Keto Kookin' ?
  • Mele1973
    Mele1973 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm IN!

Reddit really sucks if you ask me - I can't figure any of it out. So, yes, better organization is needed badly!

There may not be enough demand for it, but I think a section at least dedicated to Keto for specific problems would be good (in my case, Cancer/metabolic problems, but others like Diabetes and Epilepsy). In other words, not just for losing weight, but as a practical lifestyle that some people have to follow to be healthy.

Your resource section alone could be huge, really.

I don't mind the longer, clever name because really, how often do you actually type out a whole website name? I don't, very often.

Just because you don't have an overwhelming response here doesn't mean you won't gain some great popularity over time. I've noticed in the Keto and LCHF arena here, people tend to be slow to respond.

Obviously, the meal planning section is desperately needed, but I'll add that I will use that, too.

I'm glad you started this post because I gained so many more links!

:)
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see it. Let us know when it's up and running!
  • blablues
    blablues Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and the links. Definitely looks like it's worth doing. :) It will be a big project, so what I'll do is publish out pieces at a time, starting with a resource list and a set of forums. I'll let you know when the first version of the site is available. It may take a while since I'm doing this in addition to my job, exercising, etc, just as a heads up. In the meantime, please keep your interest and suggestions coming!
  • blablues
    Options
    Actively working on the site now, adding those links, books mentioned here and elsewhere, as well as my own personal list of stuff - it's getting pretty extensive! And found a few websites that have some meal plans listed, which should help some of you guys out. :)

If you want to be notified by email when the site is up, just sign up for the mailing list on the coming soon landing page:
    http://www.keepcalmandketoon.com/
  • blablues
    Options
    All right, so my website list is pretty extensive, but I don't have many books yet. What keto/low carb books do you personally like, use and recommend? This would be both information books about the keto diet as well as cookbooks. These can be books on amazon or just ebooks someone sells on a website, just as long as you think its useful.

Also, any keto friendly food products you recommend? I'm coming up with a general keto shopping list. It will include both stuff you can find in your typical grocery store(heavy cream, cheese), as well as things you might have to go to specialty stores or online to buy(carbquik bake mix).
  • rubywanderlust
    Options
    I'm just at the very beginning of researching keto/LCHF diets to shed some pounds. I was hoping there would be a "one stop shop" website, so I'd definitely be interested. As a real newbie, info on what ratios work (and why), along with recipes, menus, quick meal options for work nights and taking for lunch, and some links to valid research to support the whole concept would be helpful.

I've only been looking into this for a couple of days and it is already feeling overwhelming. That said, after a day of higher protein and fat and lower carbs than what I usually eat at work, I came home at the end of the day less hungry and more energized than I have in a very, very long time.