Lifting Question

Options
7213Melissa
7213Melissa Posts: 57 Member
I just recently started lifting weights again. I find that I feel swollen or bloated now (not muscles right after workout but jeans too snug). Diet hasn't really changed & this is my third week lifting 3x per week. I know that you can hold extra water while healing. So my questions are how long does this swollen/bloated feeling last? A few weeks in? A few days after every workout that makes me sore? Will this be how I feel on a regular basis if my main source of exercise is lifting?

Replies

• 7213Melissa
    Options
    Anyone?
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My jeans are tighter in the butt but not waist. Same issue?
  • 7213Melissa
    Options
    Not really. It's an over all feeling. Tried extra water and it helped some.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Since you're restarting, I'm assuming all your muscles are pretty sore right now. You've worked your entire body(arms, back, core, legs, shoulders). That can make all your measurements jump up a bit from the water retention (give you the "jeans are too tight feeling"). Since I've been lifting for almost two years, I don't get that same feeling unless I start a new stage with new exercises or I take a break of more than a few days and start lifting again. Drinking lots of water and BCAAs will help. It usually only lasts a few days to a few weeks for me.
  • 7213Melissa
    Options
    BCAAs?
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for 2 months, finally starting to feel a little less bloated and got rid of some of the weight I gained.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    BCAAs- branched chain amino acids.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branched-chain_amino_acid