Bored of Insanity...

Options
I know that it's doing me the world of good and I've lost weight from it and I'm 17 days in but I'm starting to get a little bored of Insanity. Don't get me wrong, some of the workouts I adore but I just can't stand Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Today, I had Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs but I've took a day off from it today because my big toe hurts a bit and I need to work tomorrow and the last thing I want to do is make it worse.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to stop doing it because I am actually getting results but at the same time, I don't really want to do it because I'm getting to the stage where it's starting to bore me a little...has anyone else felt like this about it? What do you think I could do to mix it up a little?

Replies

• EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This is a typical feeling during most workout programs after the novelty wears off. I say keep going because the results are going to make you very happy in the end.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I will. Don't get me wrong, I do like Insanity but there are a couple of workouts that I just dislike and it puts me off. I literally have to force myself to do it! It's cool because I know it'll benefit me! I'll just have to suck it up and do it. At the minute though, I don't want to injure myself so I'm not taking a rest day but I'm not going to do exercises that could risk my toe getting worse.
  • rjlkat
    rjlkat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Agreed; you should not do anything to further injure yourself. I do understand getting bored with it. Sometimes I would lower the sound or take off the music and have a tv show on as a mental amusement. You can't really follow it well, but it does help to distract some while you're working out; you just have to pay attention, though, so you don't miss exercise changes or let your form fall apart.

You could also take off the music track and play your own CD to it for a little change up, or play little goal games with yourself (jump five times, breathe, four, breathe, three..), anything to distract the mind from the tediousness of it.

Just a thought.
  • terihick
    terihick Posts: 12
    Options
    There are calendars on Beach Body that integrate P90X and Insanity. Insanity is the most extreme workout video of all of them.

"Mix it up but don't give up!" - Me:)
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Get to recovery week. The work outs change. I think they designed it that way on purpose.

I always tell myself that if you can't do the whole workout with Shaun T, you still have work to do.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I got bored with insanity and started lifting weights. :P I'm no help. haha. However I still do one of the workouts occasionally when I can't make it to the gym. I second whoever said adding your own music or video or whatever for mental stimulation. :)