Just started Optifast yesterday

Options
Hey Everyone

Just started the program yesterday with my boyfriend who to lose my first 10 kgs ASAP need all the encouragement I can get Optifast tastes awful.

Replies

• streatch84
    streatch84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just started Optifast today. Can't believe how hungry I am. I was hoping the stuff would taste better. I know it says you can add flavor to the soups, just not sure what to add as im not much if a cook. Probably partly why im overweight. Taking this one day at a time but a week seems like along time for this to be hungry.
  • christygb
    christygb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Streatch84 and debbiebeechy,

Hang in there! I'm on week 10 and it gets much easier after the first few days. I'm sure that you are really aware of "not eating" right now. You will feel so much better when you get into ketosis. It really works very well and after you see the great weight loss you will be totally jazzed.

Feel free to friend me if you would like some support!

Take care,
    Christy
  • mkladyjmm
    mkladyjmm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 6 and I am down 30. I would encourage you to stay with it.
  • streatch84
    streatch84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is this ketosis that you speak of? I just can't wait to make it through till Monday, doctor said I can look forward to adding salad :)

I just really miss my fruits and veggies, is that weird?
  • mkladyjmm
    Options
    I've been thinking about the first bite of food after 12 weeks of Optifast and I want salad. Lettuce, red onion, cucumber, tomato, carrot, etc.
  • ChicagoPapaBob
    Options
    You can do it. Check my recent posts under "ChicagoPapaBob" in response to "Are There Any Optifast Users Out There?" I have lost 102 pounds at age 59 (now age 60). I began transitioning back to regular food recently and have lost another pound in the process. It works and can change your life.
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just started Optifast today. Can't believe how hungry I am. I was hoping the stuff would taste better. I know it says you can add flavor to the soups, just not sure what to add as im not much if a cook. Probably partly why im overweight. Taking this one day at a time but a week seems like along time for this to be hungry.

I actually like the taste; I especially love the tomato soup.

I've been adding 1/8 tsp of paprika to the chicken soup mix; it gives it a little extra flavor and is about 5 calories.
  • mkladyjmm
    Options
    Counting down my week and a half before I can begin adding food. I'm thinking about salmon, steamed carrots and a side salad.
  • goldenlovermom
    goldenlovermom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on joining the program. I've found the process to be easy. Just drink water when you get hungry and drink all of your shakes. Good luck!