Daily Chit-Chat

Options
I am going to start day 1 on Saturday. Due to the heavy snow fall yesterday I passed on working out. Did enough lifting/shoveling of snow that my back was feeling pretty tight.

I want my "rest" day to be on Friday anyways. So today and tomorrow i'll do some bike/treadmill work and then come Saturday make sure I push play on Power 90 6 days a week!

Replies

• kkwaugh
    kkwaugh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Saturday sounds like a good day to start. This latest snowfall has really made it hard to get motivated!
  • skill133
    skill133 Posts: 161
    Options
    I've certainly had it with winter this year!!! I think it pretty much broke me. This storm yesterday was the icing on the cake. If we get another one like this I'll lose it. I don't mind an inch or so here and there, but this 6-8" is just brutal! Maybe some signs of spring will put me back together. :)

Good to see you and hope all is well other than the weather. ;)
  • ally_land
    ally_land Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Did Sculpt 1-2 last night. Had to break out the "lite" weights.....5's, 8's, 10's and 12 lbs. I'm definitely back to square one on that front....but I know from past experience that it doesn't take long to build back strength once you've had it. So after cardio 1-2 and sculpt 1-2, I'm not too sore. That's good news. :)
  • isabee03
    isabee03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dude so it's not just me this week! My problem isnt the snowfall but rather the time change! But I'm on my last week of X3 so I gotta stay strong!! Then it's off to the elite block followed by a second round of X3!!

Soooo soooo sooooooo glad to see you back buddy!
  • skill133
    Options
    Awesome Ally...you know you will build back up in no time. It's great you are pushing play!

Amanda - How is P90X3? I bought X2 a while back and previewed it and it didn't quite get me excited. Should I sell it and get P90X3 instead? Plan is to start P90X in May and do a round of that and then around August/Sept hopefully i'm ready to try something else. No it's just not you this week....anyone living in Midwest has had enough!
  • DivaDeV
    DivaDeV Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, Kathy, Ally and SKILL!!!!

I have missed you Skill! I hope you and the family are well! :)

I hope this message board sends notifications because I only log my workouts and rarely come on the actual site.

I am running 3 days a week and doing P90X3 and I LOVE it!! I am just finishing up the transition/rest week for block 2 (week8). It's been a couple of years since I've missed a workout. My schedule goes Mon-Sat and I rest on Sunday. I am not following the X3 nutrition guide. I am pretty strict with my food M-F and I kind of wing it on the weekends. I love Shakeology and have been drinking that every day since mid 2010.

What's up with all of you? I hope everyone is doing well and having a great week :)
  • jenserra
    jenserra Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! So good to see you Skill.. yo've been missed buddy! :)

I'll keep my mouth shut about the weather cause it's kind of gorgeous here.. I feel bad for all the snow horror stories this year.

This is actually my first time even on these message boards so I'll have to pay attention. I only recently started logging back in here because I'm doing a challenge program and need to keep track of macros. I'm on week 4 of 6, but I'll probably stick around for a bit even after that. I was doing X3, but an opportunity came up that I couldn't pass up for a personalized nutrition/workout program so I bailed halfway through. I really did love it though. Will have to start another round, maybe after I do Round 2 of BodyBeast. Seems like we used to complain so much about the lack of workouts and now I just can't keep up. I felt the same way about X2 and never actually bought it Skill. X3 is not a grad program, definitely doable.. and lots of fun IMO.

:)
  • skill133
    Options
    Always fun getting the Agents back together. :)

Yea don't mention the weather down there EVER Jen!!

Diva - I can't see anywhere that you can do notifications for when somebody replies in here. Probably a good thing. Just check in when you can. :)

Sounds like P90X3 is fun and doable...hmmmmmmmm
  • skill133
    Options
    TGIF!!!!!!! went on bike this morning. P90 here I come full time starting tomorrow!

Today is our 16 year wedding anniversary. So we will celebrate tonight. We are going out to a nice place for dinner, dessert and drinks.
  • ally_land
    Options
    Sweat 1-2 last night. Funny how tough it is for me. Hard to believe I used to be one of those Xtreme fitness type people. ;-)

Diva, I remember you from the original Agents. I was 'lawgirl' back then. Good to see you again. That's amazing that you have made such a commitment to your fitness all these years. :)

Happy Anniversary Skill. Enjoy dinner......eat slowly, taste and savor your food, and eat from a place of love and self-respect. Too much advice? Just tell me to back off again. ;-)
  • ally_land
    Options
    Sculpt 1-2 done. Feels great. Empowering!

Think I'll do some yoga or stretch tomorrow. Rest Sunday. Back at it again next week.

Skilly, hope your first day tomorrow leaves you feeling energetic and excited to get back into a healthy lifestyle. Best wishes my friend!
  • skill133
    Options
    Well I was taught my lesson this weekend in trying to workout. Had a god P90 Sweat session on Saturday. Then bowling Sunday morning I pull my groin muscle. Any chance that it had to do with my workout on Saturday? Of course that's where I put the blame since I have been bowling for 30 years and never remember injuring my groin muscle like this while bowling. UGH!! Can't seem to win lately...

So, looks like I'll have to be diligent with my eating for a while and let this heal up. Can't see being able to do anything this week, or even bowl with how it feels today. We'll see. I have some muscle rub i'm putting on it and trying to take it easy. FRUSTRATED!!

Ally - Work it today for me!
  • DivaDeV
    Options
    Thanks Ally, great to catch up with you here :)

Sorry to hear that Skill :( Hope it heals quickly!

Hi Jen!! ....like I don't see you everywhere :p I have been missing you lately though! Can't wait to see how that protein extravaganza treats you!!

Hope everyone is moving toward their health and fitness goals this week!

Blessings, Diva
  • ally_land
    Options
    Oh no Skilly!! That stinks! I'll be thinking about you and sending healing vibes your way. I was really looking forward to doing P90 with you. Maybe you'll be up for it again when you are recovered. I'll still be here. :)

Sweat 1-2 tonight. I've learned that my feet don't like a lot of impact....so I modify. Sometimes I just kinda jog around the room instead of doing the X work. I'm sure I look like a nerd.

Hope we can get some more people who are doing Power 90 to post about their workouts. It will get old hearing about my same 2 workouts all the time. ;-)
  • want2bahotmama
    want2bahotmama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sweat 1-2 done! Just what I needed for this crazy Monday.. Now it's time to pack my food for tomorrow and call it a night : )
  • skill133
    Options
    LOL Ally....There you go. You have a new pal that just posted! :) Glad you will still be here when I start back up. I'm going to take this week off and rest the injured area. I have to bowl again Sunday, so we'll see if I can or can not bowl then. I think I should probably not, but my daughter is dying for me to bowl b/c we are in first place. Ahh the pressure!

Eating is ok and hanging in there. Normally I would have binged out based on this injury, so that's good that I controlled that.

Carter made the Freshmen baseball team yesterday so that made me happy for a few days at least. Now we just need some warmer weather so we can get on the fields!
  • ally_land
    Options
    Sculpt 1-2 done. Feels so good to be lifting heavy things other than kiddies. ;-)

Hi Jen....glad you posted here. Several Power 90 veterans in this group so feel free to ask any questions or stop by for encouragement. :)

Skill....rest up. Don't worry....be happy. Look for ways to feel happy and feel joy apart from food and you won't need to binge. xoxo!
  • ally_land
    Options
    Yippee Doodah.....Sweat 1-2 done. I've noticed that this regular exercise for the past 2 weeks is kicking up my endorphins. My mood is significantly better. My household is thankful. ;-)

Diva....what do you think of P90X3? I've been debating on whether to try it. I still love the X but wouldn't mind shorter workouts.

Hi Skill. :)
  • DivaDeV
    Options
    Ally, I am loving X3! it is not a graduate program (I think Jen S already stated that) so there are modifications for all the moves. It does incorporate a lot of pull ups but the door attachment and bands are options for that. I LOVE that it has a lot of core work intermixed with almost every workout...no need for extra ab work. I also like that I can add running in and the time for my workouts still fits into my busy day! Tony is brilliant! He is always learning new fitness techniques and incorporating them into his programs. X3 has new stuff from X2, old stuff from P90X and brand new stuff from people he knows in the fitness industry and athlete friends of his. I give it two thumbs up ;)
  • DivaDeV
    Options
    So far my week looks like this...

Monday - Cold Start (X3 12 min warm up DVD), Decelerator (30 min) and a 7 Mile Run
    Tuesday - Cold Start and Agility X (30 min)
    Wednesday - Cold Start, Complex Upper (30 min) and a 7 Mile Run
    Thursday - Cold Start and X3 Yoga

I have Triometrics tomorrow and Complex Upper on Saturday. I will run again on Saturday too. Not sure how many miles yet, somewhere between 3 and 9. Sunday is my rest day.

I hope you are all having a great week!