Mid-week check-in: March 20

Options
Shaky44
Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
After a few weeks of going backward, I am having a better week. I've been on the elliptical every day and my calorie intake is under control. I also hit a strength goal this week: I squatted over 200 lbs for the first time, 5x5. I'll definitely feel it later.

Replies

• BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Glad you are having a better week, Shaky! Congrats on the strength goal! Awesome!:flowerforyou:

I am having a better week, too. I have been getting my exercise in and doing pretty good on calories so far. :drinker: Hope everyone else is having a good week! :bigsmile:
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Glad somebody is. I'm missing exercise this week because I have a symphony chorus concert this weekend which includes rehearsals every night this week. In addition, my wife went to a friend's in Dallas so I am a single father all week AND my job has been really hectic so I am also staying late at work. A perfect storm. The result is no exercise and some stress eating. I find it almost impossible to stay at my calorie limit without eating some exercise calories, when those are not available I am in trouble. The really bad news is that I have a similar schedule next week. I may have to bite the bullet and get up really early for the gym--arrrgh! I'm going to try drinking more water as well, I think that may be one of my many mistakes this week.

It's encouraging to read others' rough patch stories, it's not the end of the world after all.
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good this week – have stuck to les mills schedule including rest day today, been under maintenance + exercise calories every day. Drinking lots of water at work and remembered to do this when working from home yesterday. Walked into local town at lunchtime today.

Not so good – not great food choices have meant I’ve strayed into my exercise calories when the past few weeks the maintenance calories alone had been enough – trying to put that right today with some healthier food choices. Had Kale chips for the first time which were surprisingly yummy!

Being hectic/busy is never good for me when I am trying to eat healthy Mule but I am an early morning exerciser and once I get over the alarm clock shock it’s actually a great way to start the day - feels like some me time before everyone else starts making demands on my time and the calories are in the bank for the rest of the day.

Am excited about this weekend, boys are off to Grandma’s and husband and I are having a rare weekend away at a hotel near to Oxford. The hotel has a pool, gym and spa so planning to make full use of them, and as long as it’s not too rainy we’re going to do a walking tour of Oxford so that will use some calories up too!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Glad to see some are having a good week!!! I started off with good intentions, but as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, so basically, I'm in HELL! I started a new "job" 4 weeks ago. I made an appt. to observe, The Tornado, in her kindergarten class all week and have ended up being the volunteer, classroom aide. There are 32 kids in the class, all at various levels of ability. We have students who can read proficiently and ones who don't even know the alphabet. I work with each child everyday, listening to them read, and quizzing them on reading and writing their sight words, as well as, general shushing and tying shoes. :laugh: I no longer have the morning to do my exercise, so I try to squeeze it in later in the day. At least, The Tornado and I walk home from school everyday!!! I'm also having trouble controlling my food intake. I really need to focus, focus, focus. And set my eyes on a goal. I need to be working towards something really important to me. I wish I could afford a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer, I'd be motivated for that!!! :wink: :laugh: :wink: Love :blushing: the KitchenAid!!!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    This week seems to be tougher than most for me to stay in my calories. Today was my anniversary and we went out for Chinese and I didn't log my intake until I got home. Bad, bad mistake. :noway:

I seem to be eating almost every exercise calorie I have this week. Maybe it is the weird weather that can't make up its mind. I am planning to do some extra workouts tomorrow to compensate for today's horror story. We all know it is more the weekly average that what you do in any one day.

I also need to get some new batteries in my scale. It is giving wonky readings the times it works. Mostly it just tells us "Lo" and shuts off.
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My calories have been under control and I've managed to get in exercise most days. I found that my body really reacts to running bleachers and the track, sadly, due to the weather, I've only made that one day so far. I plan on it tonight. I'm all alone this weekend, much needed, I do so well when I don't have to cook or make snacks for others!! I'm hoping to lose over the weekend instead of gain. That's my mini goal! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My weight was down a pound yesterday, hope I can at least maintain til Monday!!
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I also hit a strength goal this week: I squatted over 200 lbs for the first time, 5x5. I'll definitely feel it later.
    I am STILL feeling it from my squats. I couldn't even do my cardio yesterday. I'm going to re-configure my workout so that I'm not pushing myself so hard on squats.