Find Your Personal Paleo Code?

Options
butterfli7o
butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
Has anyone read this book or had any experience with it? The author (I believe it was Chris Kessler) was interviews on a podcast I listed to yesterday. Just wondering if the book was worth a read.

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I think we weren't friends yet but I read it in January. My favourite Paleo book so far. (See Suggested Reading) I loved it so much that i sent a copy to my Mom and Aunt- I wouldn't usually bother.

Chris Kresser. He has a website, too. One of the best, most informative and balanced Paleo experts imo.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have just started reading it so far I am enjoying it.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Next one in the queue, can't wait
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    WAAAAH!!! There is a 6 person long hold queue for this at the library and even more for the ebook! I have gone waaay over my book budget already and simply cant buy it right now. Oh well, I will catch up with you all soon enough!
  • bellaaa01
    Options
    I read it, it might be my new favourite.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'll check it out!
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So what you guys are saying is I should start a forum post called "Is ______ Paleo?"
    Maybe I'll grab this book instead :)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    So what you guys are saying is I should start a forum post called "Is ______ Paleo?"
    Maybe I'll grab this book instead :)

It's a good book and it really highlights are there is no one single way to eat for everyone. Different foods work for different people.

For me a ketogenic version of Paleo, very strict on the no grain/legumes low starch and sugar, works best and seems to be the only version of the lifestyle I can sustain (or else I crave, binge, resist weight loss etc). I have a very disordered metabolism so that's my "code".
  • ryansmommie68
    ryansmommie68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Akimajuktuq....What is a ketogenic version of Paleo? I haven't had any luck losing weight on Paleo, my metabolism and sugar is way out of whack, I have given up. Is this more like Atkins?
    Thanks!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    Akimajuktuq....What is a ketogenic version of Paleo? I haven't had any luck losing weight on Paleo, my metabolism and sugar is way out of whack, I have given up. Is this more like Atkins?
    Thanks!

Due to severe metabolic disorder, I have to follow a high fat/very low carb version of Paleo. I'm still fighting with not grabbing carby snacks at night. Lately, I'm not losing, but also not gaining fat so I can live with that.

Have you given up eating healthy food, or just given up trying to lose weight? I can understand the latter but not the former. I went keto Primal/Paleo for health first and foremost. The weight loss was easy and quick at first, but even if I don't lose another pound, I'm committed to this lifestyle for life. 10 pounds over weight sure beats 90.

I suppose it's a bit like Atkins but I don't associate myself with that corporation. Of course, I am a big fan of the late Dr. Atkins I just don't agree with the direction of the current company. I've told them as much, but I guess processed diet foods are all the rage and they don't want to miss out on the profits.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I just started listening to this on cd for my commutes. So far, I like it and it falls in line with my beliefs, everyone is different.