BAD DAYS

Options
WE ALL HAVE THEM!

Replies

• martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yep, we do. I need to take tomorrow morning off the treadmill. Have a blood blister on my pinky toe and it hurts to walk..so my mind is saying DO NOT TAKE A DAY OFF, but my feet are screaming, TAKE IT! :) Anyway...I need to catch up on all your topics soon! You posted quite a few...lol HOpe you have a great night!
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm am taking Friday and Saturday off as well. I was pushing and in the past the knees have bounced back pretty well, but since the move they aren't seeming to. I had to stop PT, so it has been about 7 weeks since I have been. Hoping I can get back to it soon. My muscles also need a rest, they are screamin'!

Normally, I would not condone skipping exercise to hang out surfing the internet, but for this, you have my blessing! :laugh:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    When I'm not doing a certain program, I'm bad at skipping workouts.
    Twisted an ankle last week so everything is messed up.

Over-ate most of the weekend. out of town for a funeral on Friday, went to dinner with the family
    Saturday had lunch with a friend I haven't seen in years
    PM drinking and playing cards with friends.
    today... well... whatever... LOL

Its been nice seeing friends but it has hit the calorie end for sure.

I know I'll get back on it again, so that is the good part. Its all part of the lifestyle change. Being ok being 'off' for a bit, and getting back on it
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    >>I know I'll get back on it again, so that is the good part. Its all part of the lifestyle change. Being ok being 'off' for a bit, and getting back on it

That's the big change for me this time. Realizing that it doesn't have to be "all or nothing." If I mess up for one day or a week, I can just go back to being healthy the next. It's really no big deal. It's just going to be a bit slower than I wanted.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think of any day as a bad day as long as I log everything and move on to the next day. I am doing my best to live by this sign
    ,<<<<<<

Joanne
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of bad days lately...
    I've been struggling with food since Christmas.
    How do I tame these food demons?
    I used to have them so under control!
    :frown:
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So true, a 'bad' day is over for me when the next day starts and I just try to keep the past in the past.

Marsha, (hugs) If you ever want to talk you know where I am. Lots happening in your life and sometimes it is just a bit harder to get refocused. Just don't give up!!!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Having a bit of a bad week. I am not going to complain, been just under maintenance all week so not horrible. I just have to learn to stop being so lazy and quit depending on crackers and cheese to snack on. For example I had a beautiful butternut squash sitting in my kitchen for a couple of weeks (love winter squash they keep so well). I took approximately two minutes to cut it and put it in the microwave. Once cooked I scooped out the flesh, put a tablespoon of cottage cheese with the squash then took my hand blender to puree the squash - it was lovely and the cottage cheese added some extra flavour and texture -- so wonderful - in my opinion.

As I enjoyed it during the week, I kept wondering why I took so long, why couldn't I spend the 5 minutes a few more times for delicious nutritious food. It's process that is for sure.

Joanne
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I understand that thing...I won't call it laziness, just lack of inclination.

I can definitely relate!
    I have Artisian lettuce (with beautiful purple and green leaves), carrots, colored peppers (red, yellow, orange), strawberries, blueberries...all sitting in my fridge, waiting for me to fix up a good salad to take to work each day.

Did I do it?
    No.
    It was much easier to go out to lunch...
    But it cost me in calories AND $$$...

Why is it I can get up at 5:20 every morning to pack my husband's lunch, but I can't take the time when I'm finished to pack my own?
    It doesn't take that long...and as you said...its delicious. The salad has all the colors of the rainbow...it's beautiful and full of all of those healthy nutrients...I just add some fat free honey Dijon dressing and walnuts...YUM!

Next week will be better!