Very serious BED relapse. Join me if you want to talk.

Options
eso2012
eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
About to get myself out of the rut. If you are in t he same boat, happy to work together!

Replies

• gugu0912
    gugu0912 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just had a four hour major calorie binge after going binge free for 6 days. Feeling helpless, hopeless, and frustrated. would love to join you on this journey to tackle this binging monster!
  • eso2012
    Options
    Just had a four hour major calorie binge after going binge free for 6 days. Feeling helpless, hopeless, and frustrated. would love to join you on this journey to tackle this binging monster!

Are you on the Binge-Eating Support Group? That's a great place too. For now, just ignore and move on. Do you exercise? Best cure ever. I am telling you the same thing I am telling myself :) Make a comeback!!!
  • gugu0912
    gugu0912 Posts: 5
    Options
    Will do thank you! And good luck :D we are stronger than this!
  • amina_a10
    amina_a10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Adding you both if that's okay. I have gained 10 lbs in two weeks (not exaggerating) from bingeing on thousands of calories every day for the past few weeks... I woke up when I weighed myself yesterday and am determined to recover for good this time around.
  • DianaAmorim
    Options
    Hello!

I had another binge today. Not a big one, but definitely it was unnecessary! This month I had 2 binges already. I no longer feel depressed after it happens. I always move forward and I try not to think about it. But I cannot stop wondering why do I keep doing this to myself? The stupid thing is that I am a very good controller! When I say to myself that I can't I don't do it. The problem is when I allow myself to binge as a reward for the amazing journey I am having. I feel wonderful in my healthy lifestyle, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But then, I just think "one day of crappy food will not hurt. And you've been doing so well". But this is just wrong. I should not "reward" myself with an occasional binge!

Is anyone here doing the same, or understand it?

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want :D
  • eso2012
    Options
    Hello!

I had another binge today. Not a big one, but definitely it was unnecessary! This month I had 2 binges already. I no longer feel depressed after it happens. I always move forward and I try not to think about it. But I cannot stop wondering why do I keep doing this to myself? The stupid thing is that I am a very good controller! When I say to myself that I can't I don't do it. The problem is when I allow myself to binge as a reward for the amazing journey I am having. I feel wonderful in my healthy lifestyle, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But then, I just think "one day of crappy food will not hurt. And you've been doing so well". But this is just wrong. I should not "reward" myself with an occasional binge!

Is anyone here doing the same, or understand it?

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want :D

More than understand! Control is actually one of the root cause of BED. Not looking back and just keep going is the best way to get out of the cycle in my experience.

That reward thing is tricky! Think of how hard you sweated during your workout and how much you have earned that shower...or how great it feels to be in skinny jeans.....it really is a mind trick thing, you have to find you own carrots.

For me, workout helps a lot. And NOT freaking out over bloating. NOT weighing for a bit. Back to some good disciplines like workout, tracking etc. Mainly, the freaking out part will get me depressed and freak out more and binge...you know the cycle!
  • eso2012
    Options
    Adding you both if that's okay. I have gained 10 lbs in two weeks (not exaggerating) from bingeing on thousands of calories every day for the past few weeks... I woke up when I weighed myself yesterday and am determined to recover for good this time around.

Excellent!
  • serrazee
    serrazee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna add you guys too. I had a major binge last week, after having done so well for awhile! :( Gotta start fresh!
  • runningcat76
    Options
    In the same boat. I am suffering a big relapse after well over a year binge free.
    Weekends are my downfall.
    My willpower is strong mid week and I get no urges to binge mid week.. but weekends are a different ball game.

I too understand the reward issues. When I 'allow' myself that wine, or that cake or that pudding.. Nothing is going to stop me from having it and then it often ends in a day long eating fest. I consumed about 6,000 cals yesterday. Not very happy with myself today.
    I tried to reason with myself yesterday and tell myself that it would make me feel bad and although I took that moment to pause I still carried on. Its crazy. It doesnt matter at the time, but the moment I wake up the day after I have that awful sinking feeling and then spend the whole week beating myself up over it!
  • kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm so thankful for this support group because it does help me realize that I'm not alone. However, I just can't seem to break these bad habits and last night was one of the worst that I've had in a long time. My supper alone was way over my daily calorie goal.

I have so much trouble with my portions when I'm eating something I enjoy. Anyone have a trick to help with that problem?

Also, would love you guys to add me too so we can defeat this demon.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I always like to add new friends who struggle with binging. If you don't do it, you don't understand. :( Adding some of you! And anyone who wants to please add me!
  • eso2012
    Options
    It doesnt matter at the time, but the moment I wake up the day after I have that awful sinking feeling and then spend the whole week beating myself up over it!

I hear you!

Last time, I blogged myself out of it. I find that ignoring that post-binge "fat" feeling is very important. It is hard to not notice how tight your pants are, or how bloated your whole body feels, but once you ignore that, it seems easier to get back on track.
  • eso2012
    Options
    I'm so thankful for this support group because it does help me realize that I'm not alone. However, I just can't seem to break these bad habits and last night was one of the worst that I've had in a long time. My supper alone was way over my daily calorie goal.

I have so much trouble with my portions when I'm eating something I enjoy. Anyone have a trick to help with that problem?

Also, would love you guys to add me too so we can defeat this demon.

Also check out the Binge-Eating Support Group. Lots of good discussions there too.

You are certainly not alone. It is a common issue. And it is way deeper than "just a habit".
  • sensorypodge2002
    sensorypodge2002 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm at the start of my journey tackling the binge, three last week but everytime stopping half way and thinking WHY AM I DOING THIS whereas before I would have carried on. I still have a long long long way to go, aiming for a binge free week as a first little goal. Baby steps! Adding you all if that's okay, the more support the better!
  • ct320
    ct320 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi all hope your doing well!
    Ive had yet another relapse had a good few weeks then bang straight back in the black hole :( I have beat this before and will do it again!!...........somehow?

Going to add you all maybe we could do little mini challenges to spur each other on?

x
  • eso2012
    Options
    I'm at the start of my journey tackling the binge, three last week but everytime stopping half way and thinking WHY AM I DOING THIS whereas before I would have carried on. I still have a long long long way to go, aiming for a binge free week as a first little goal. Baby steps! Adding you all if that's okay, the more support the better!

Yes - that would be THREE victories for you last week!!
  • eso2012
    Options
    Hi all hope your doing well!
    Ive had yet another relapse had a good few weeks then bang straight back in the black hole :( I have beat this before and will do it again!!...........somehow?

Going to add you all maybe we could do little mini challenges to spur each other on?

x

I have been well for about a week. Eat, exercise, nice and calm. I am frustrated that my knee is injured and cannot work out at max ....exercise always help me get out of a rut. Still, progressing.

Black hole - arrggh, it REALLY feels like one. But crawling out of it more efficiently these day, hope it is the same for you!

Add me.