Nerd Fitness and HabitRPG

Options
Does anyone in these groups use either of these? I'm thinking of starting with one/both of them, and I was wondering people's opinions.
Have they helped you to lose weight and get fit?
Do you find gamification helps you?

Replies

• kmarshalljansen
    kmarshalljansen Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I tried both but neither stuck with me at all, they failed to be compelling at a core level. that said, I haven't looked at them for a while, and maybe they've fixed some of my issues with them.

If I were you, I'd try both, and keep them going, and stick with them if they are fun/seem to be keeping you motivated. If they start to burn you out then drop them!

Marshall.
    --
    http://weightlossachievementunlocked.blogspot.com/
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I did HabitRPG for a few weeks, it actually helped me gain a good new habit of studying Japanese hard. But I realized that keeping up with HabitRPG was becoming kind of a chore and less of a game. :(
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Me, my husband and my daughter to Habitrpg but it helps that we 'compete' against each other. So far it hasn't been a chore and I am such a list type of person it helps a lot to see on paper what I need to do with my life, not just mfp. between the website and the app its been great for us so far.