Taking A Step Back

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
I apologize for delaying in posting. I have some family things going on and it has taken my focus away from me. In turn it has really brought me down. I am human and do have days like this. This is one of the main reasons I like accountability. I too need it and love to hear from others and how they are doing.

So my question is how are you doing? Have you been staying on track this week? Is there anything you would like to share?

Replies

• mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I hope everything works out. Family comes first and you need to take care of first you & family so it is understandable. Things are going well this week for me. Have not eaten any junk except yesterday. We celebrated a couple co-worker's birthdays and I took a slice of ice cream cake. BIG MISTAKE!! My stomach did not agree with it and felt terrible after eating eat! I thought I was going to get sick. :sick: Anymore I don't even crave sweets or junk just because of how it makes me feel. I have even found myself when there are cookies out at home I don't even take one. Right now there is a lot because of girl scouts!!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I hope everything works out. Family comes first and you need to take care of first you & family so it is understandable. Things are going well this week for me. Have not eaten any junk except yesterday. We celebrated a couple co-worker's birthdays and I took a slice of ice cream cake. BIG MISTAKE!! My stomach did not agree with it and felt terrible after eating eat! I thought I was going to get sick. :sick: Anymore I don't even crave sweets or junk just because of how it makes me feel. I have even found myself when there are cookies out at home I don't even take one. Right now there is a lot because of girl scouts!!

See eating clean means something. When you do throw something in the mix like the ice cream cake your body is like what are you doing...lol. This should tell you so much. I am proud of how far you have come. You are doing so great and I know you are going to go far above what you ever expected.
  • claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have had an ok week. I fell off my roller blades and hurt my arm pretty good so I haven't been exercising as much as I should. Also being hurt makes me want to eat because it's comforting. UGH!!! So I kinda took a few steps back this week, however I did go on a hike yesterday with one of the ladies from here. We hiked 3 miles and I had a great time.

Hope everything is ok with you Julie, Family does come first. So we all understand.

Happy Friday everyone and have a GREAT! weekend!!!
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have had an ok week. I fell off my roller blades and hurt my arm pretty good so I haven't been exercising as much as I should. Also being hurt makes me want to eat because it's comforting. UGH!!! So I kinda took a few steps back this week, however I did go on a hike yesterday with one of the ladies from here. We hiked 3 miles and I had a great time.

Hope everything is ok with you Julie, Family does come first. So we all understand.

I know what you mean by having food as a comfort. I used food to deal with stress, depression, anger, etc. It was very hard to break myself of that. I don't care what anyone says but just like alcoholism, eating can be just as bad. It took a lot of trial and error to find what works for me to not eat when stressed or depressed. For me cleaning helps me when I am angry, or I take it out on a punching bag when I do my kickboxing. There are other things I do too but it is what works best for you to relieve those feelings without the use of food. It is hard and I am right there with you. As far as being limited on working out due to an injury that is unavoidable but look at the good side that you did go out on a hike and it also made you HAPPY :happy:
    We are here to help each other so don't hesitate to reach out when you need to. :bigsmile:
    Have a great weekend and hope your arm gets to feeling better soon!
  • claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support:happy: It is so true food addicts are just like alcoholics in that way of addiction. I need to find another outlet definitely. Exercising only goes so far for me and then I'm wondering what to do again. I am a stay at home mom so I get bored sometimes. So I do need to go out and do other things.

Hope you have a great weekend too!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Julie20fan
    Options

Oh my gosh Claudia~ I hope you are ok and healing up nicely. Take your time in getting back at it. If you are craving something sweet then cut up a bunch of fruit and place it in a bowl and when those cravings come on grab a little of it. How was your hike?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support:happy: It is so true food addicts are just like alcoholics in that way of addiction. I need to find another outlet definitely. Exercising only goes so far for me and then I'm wondering what to do again. I am a stay at home mom so I get bored sometimes. So I do need to go out and do other things.

Hope you have a great weekend too!!!!:flowerforyou:

I am a stay at home mom as well. I workout from home and then on the weekends after my workout I take the doggie for a long walk. It's our time to spend some one on one time together. Do you like to ride a bike? If so, go for a bike ride to mix things up. I used to bike 10 miles a day and found it so peaceful.