SUBJECT SUGGESTIONS?

Options
LET ME KNOW!

Replies

• mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Love this group!!! 1 thing. is there a way to make the most current posts on the top? not to bad now but as subjects get alot of posts, we will have to go thru alot of pages to get to most recent stuff. seems like it would be easier seeing most current first. just an idea if even possible...:smile:
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Marty, I think that with the exception of the pinned topics the subjects that move to the top are the most recent ones to have replies. I will look into it. If there are some that are very active I can always pin them to the top. :) Thanks, good question, I will let you know when I find any info.
  • mart001
    Options
    I didn't mean the subjects, i meant the posts within the subjects. for instance the introduce yourself already has 30 posts, so you have to go thru all the old ones to see the new ones. I would think the most recent posts within a subject should be listed first. As it is, like if you have 500 introduce youself posts, every time you want to see the new person, you always have to go thru the same previous 499 people where if the most current post was first, you see then easier. again, may not be able to do that, just an idea...:smile:
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Oh, oh, oh, sorry! Yeah, no clue. Let me check into it. Thanks!
  • mart001
    Options
    Nice new picture also!!!:smile:
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    LOL, thanks. One of my little inspirations, my granddaughter Lily Bug. :)
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Unless you meant the new tracker pic, Marty, forgot i changed that, too. :) Bleeding hears, my favorite flowers.
  • martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wish any responses would show up on my wall....would be easier to think to look under groups. I am way behind in reading, lol there are so many topics :) Hopefully I can catch up this weekend. Have a great weekend!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    On the far right of the screen next to the "latest post" you will see "view' that takes you to the last post for each subject, you can scroll up from there.

Joanne
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Thanks for pointing that out Joanne, I just noticed it earlier. I have asked some questions of other administrators and that is really the only option . These are not the most user friendly message boards, but I like that we have a little place like this to talk. :)
  • mart001
    Options
    hello, it is me again....

have you considered opening up your group at least initially to everyone, at least until you get a larger core group in here? if anyone is inappropriate, you can throw them out, but like now its been about 12 hours since anyone posted, and dont think this will work if people keep coming back and nobody has been here. kind of like mfp, if everytime i logged on, i saw nothing new, i probably wouldnt look anymore. just an idea... like what you have done, but think you need to get alot more active people before it can be a closed group. just a thought and really want this to suceed......:smile:
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Marty I know where you are coming from, we all hesitate to pop in and say anything if things look quiet. It's growing pains right now and I personally hesitate opening up to the General public -- there are some very outspoken nasty people (who don't know they are nasty) hanging out on MFP.
    One subject suggestion is to maybe have a weekly "chit chat" just so the General Discussion doesn't get too big and hard to find
    stuff.

Oh oh another thing I would love to see is favourite quotes. I just said to one of my other friends the other day that I need to find a spot for some of the awesome sayings that we read from our friends, in blogs and *gasp* on the message boards. I know we have no control but a like button to a post would be nice too.....ahem errr MFP gurus.. are you listening? :huh:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I think also with it being the weekend people are busy.
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Marty. I understand where you are coming from but I do worry about what Joanne said. There really are some pretty awful things on the general boards, and I wouldn't want to lose some of the awesome people we have here if someone were to come in and turn things upside down. And, truthfully, I love having a place to chat with friends but I don't want to spend my time here moderating and having to check ever post for appropriateness.

If you, or anyone else would like to invite others, you are more than welcome and I will be happy to add them with a note that you requested the invite. I think part of the slow start is that people forget it is here. If the post a few times and get involved then they would be more apt to continue coming back, but I don't want to nag people to death with reminders, lol. Maybe a little nudge now and then!

If anyone has any ideas for something that might generate some more action here, please feel free to post your suggestions. If things don't pick up, Marty, I will revisit the idea of opening it to the public, maybe for a short while as you suggested. Do you think that would be okay?