3-21-14

Options
mel521
mel521 Posts: 74 Member
Week 5 Day 3 = DONE! It was a 20 minute run and if I didn't report here every day I would not have made it! Thanks for keeping me accountable!

Replies

• aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 done. Pace a bit on the slow side. But it all counts.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done Mel.
  • maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    well done april and Mel. What was the weather like that you were running in? or did you run indoors?
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mel & April :drinker:

Was out @8:30 this A.M getting Week 8 Day 2 out of the way before it got too hot outside. 28 minute run, one more run to go.
    As before, I can do the time but not getting the distance (think it said Run 2.75 mile (?)/28 minutes).

Was great running first thing in the A.M...Sunday's run will be after 8 long boring hours of working.

Hope everyone who ran today had a blast & survived it :flowerforyou:
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 6 Day 1, two 10 minute runs with a 5 minute walk in between. Felt great, especially because it was cooler today.

Don't worry about the distance using the apps. Get the times under your belt, and then use Runkeeper or similar to work towards 5k.

I'm starting to get grandiose ideas of going on to 10k after this, but I suspect I'll be asking for trouble injury wise.

Keep it up, team!!!!!
  • mel521
    mel521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    April, doesn't matter how slow you go, just that you do it!

Maree, I'm inside even though it was absolutely beautiful here today.

Airangel, I agree with Deb, work on time, then you can increase speed if you want to go the distance. You're almost finished! Good going!

Deb, I think I'll have to work on this 5k for awhile before I get ideas of a 10k! ;)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Glad everyone had a good run today.

Definitely NOT rushing for speed, or to o a 5K or upgrade to a 10K app....totally happy just tootling around with getting the hang of a 5K.

Not finding it enjoyable at this point, lol. But not giving up either. :noway:

Don't know if you guys subscribe to this but lotta good info here, running on tread as well as outdoors and lots of other good reading material here. http://specials.about.com/service/newsletters/running/3a5325bcd20001fd6f004022.htm

Have a great weekend everyone :drinker: