A difficult abstinence day

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
I’m not sure what’s going on, but I feel like eating everything in sight. Maybe it’s in the air? I think I better get to a meeting sometime today, otherwise I may go off the deep end, sigh.

Just checking in to see how is everyone doing today?

Replies

• MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean.
  • leanneb59
    leanneb59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I listen to the podcasts from OA LA every night. Helps me stay on track.

http://www.oalaig.org/speakers-podcasts/the-laig-virtual-speakers-bureau.html
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the link, I've bookmarked it! I actually listened to a speaker this morning and it really hit home!
  • Strong_Heart
    Strong_Heart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this - I plan to check it out.
    I listen to the podcasts from OA LA every night. Helps me stay on track.

http://www.oalaig.org/speakers-podcasts/the-laig-virtual-speakers-bureau.html
  • Strong_Heart
    Strong_Heart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    3/22/2014: I am new to OA - I am only on Step 3 of the 12 Steps - Today is my first day of abstinence from over eating, and accountability to a Food Plan. I sure could use prayers and any support you can offer to help keep me from eating in between meals and sticking to my plan today (and everyday for the rest of this month).
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    3/22/2014: I am new to OA - I am only on Step 3 of the 12 Steps - Today is my first day of abstinence from over eating, and accountability to a Food Plan. I sure could use prayers and any support you can offer to help keep me from eating in between meals and sticking to my plan today (and everyday for the rest of this month).

That's awesome that you are working on your recovery, you can do this! This program will definitely help you stick to your plan and if you ever need immediate help, you can always reach out to your sponsor or a fellow OAer! Just take it one day at a time. A friends request is being sent...