overestimating burn?

Options
kelleybean1
kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
Who else is having problems with the website overestimating burns starting on March 4th? I'm going round and round with customer service on this issue. They claim "improvements" were made to the site and now my burns are about 500 cal per day higher! (My display still calculates using the old algorithyms so it is fairly accurate). Is it just me? or only a handful of folks or does this affect everyone?

Replies

• lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I belong to a Facebook BMF Group and from what alot are saying - it's sounding like it's just a Core problem right now. Quite a few of them are having the same problems w/customer service that you are (not getting anywhere w/them). Not sure why they are sticking to their story that the new burns are correct -- especially for the people who have been in maintenance for a good amount of time (years). I have the Link and I'm kinda worried about the next update for that. Kinda frustrating cuz it really is/was the most accurate product out there.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Same issue for me and a friend. We both have the CORE.
  • Depictureboy
    Depictureboy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have found that its important to calibrate the BMF. I have been using a suggestion by heybales to calibrate my BMF down and i have been noticing a difference.

First using a site like scoobys or heybales' spreadsheet you need to know your BMR(preferably your Katch BMR)

then take your daily graph and narrow down to 3 hours of steady inactivity(preferably when you are sleeping) take the average calories burned and divide it by 180 to get your calorie per minute burned. Then multiply that by 1440(minutes in 24hours) to get the BMR that is being used by the BMF for calculations....mine was really high. Then start cranking your height down(or up if it was low) a couple inches at a time(depending on your needs) then let it set for a week, while you keep track of the change. Then repeat until your BMF BMR is in line with your Calculated BMR. As you lose weight you will need to adjust the process every so often, but it should be a snap.