Hi I am new here!!!

Options
busybarbie
busybarbie Posts: 20 Member
hi I am new to this group I am 48 yrs old and struggling to lose 50 pounds.. Its been up and down but mostly up... when I was younger I set my mind to lose and I lost now its so hard.. I am walking for exercise I trying to get into my stationary bike but its so hard... on my eating I do good during the week but weekend comes and its hard ... need to get on the ball... guess the only advice I can give myself is take one day at a time....

Replies

• Kalliopikat
    Options
    Hi there, you're not alone. I just signed up today, and have about the same amount to lose, am 45 yrs old. Am excited about giving this site a chance! Nothing else seems to work for me, so far. Or it does...and then I gain it right back. Need to quit doing that!
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 and am also looking to rid myself of about 50lbs. Hang in there! :flowerforyou:

I really enjoy this site. I've tried other but like this one better. Feel free to friends nee! :smile:
  • carrierose2
    carrierose2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I"m 42 and trying to lose 50lbs (for the past 20 years). Really want to try hard this time which is why I am on here looking for some extra support. Anyone in this group can add me. It really helps to see what others are doing and keeps you motivated.
  • abarefootgirl1970
    abarefootgirl1970 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am also new to this group. I'm 42. Walking is my main activity but I also include some weight training.
  • lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello... I'm new here too!! 45 years old and looking to lose 25-30lbs. My weight has down the slow creep for about the last five years. Dealing with peri-menopause so I'm sure that's contributing. Grrrr... Looking forward to finding some success here...with all of you!!

Lisa
  • juekes
    juekes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Its my first day! I'm 43 and will be losing about 15lbs (see how positive I was then). My weight has been steady at this level for about 5 years but now I'm determined that its coming off - I've tried to lose it before on my own but without help, motivation or support from anyone else, so I'm trying something new and hoping we can do it together! Feel free to add me, good luck everyone!!
  • lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Its my first day! I'm 43 and will be losing about 15lbs (see how positive I was then). My weight has been steady at this level for about 5 years but now I'm determined that its coming off - I've tried to lose it before on my own but without help, motivation or support from anyone else, so I'm trying something new and hoping we can do it together! Feel free to add me, good luck everyone!!

LOVE the upbeat attitude!! We can do this!!
  • ProudAirforceWife
    ProudAirforceWife Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 40's ;) We can all do this with determination, support and motivation. Since I started I have not said I am on a "diet" (evil word), but I am changing my eating habits and I love it. I also am walking for my exercise (very thankful for my dog and my FitBit), but plan to add the 30-day shred in a week's time to help with toning and muscle. Anyone looking for a MFP friend for motivation, support and advice when needed, please feel free to add me. We are all in this together and for the long run! Have a great day everyone...cheers!
  • Armyguy744
    Options
    Brand new to this, but I will give it a shot. Need to get back on track, with my weight loss journey.
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You've picked a good spot to start. Very supportive in this group and site. Add me as a friend if you want :)
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Welcome to the site and the group. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • msbklynfrankie
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I just (this week) started seriously using the benefits of the support available on MFP. Funny, but I had a doctor's appointment today and I complained about the weight roller-coaster. I thought she would have some words of encouragement. NOPE! She told me to get a handle on it now because it only gets worse. Geeze, I love honesty. :grumble:
  • jamesadams3766952
    Options
    You've picked a great place to start on your journey. I have found it much harder to lose weight after 40. I was able to do so much more simply even 5 years ago but now it takes a concerted effort. This site is great as it's very supportive and encouraging. I'm targeting a similar weight loss (about 50 lbs for my first goal) and it's slowly coming off with the help of this site and a new dedication. Feel free to add me and my wife (nella2012) if you need some supporters.
  • pammiejean40
    pammiejean40 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have only been on here for a couple of weeks and I am looking it so far! Hope you have success in reaching your goals!
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi , im one week in and looking to lose 40, and yes so much easier in my 20's and 30's , I hit 43 and poof that's it, it doesn't want to get off me, the just protein for a week doesn't work anymore :( and sooo hard to get up and move after a day at the office.
    its ok, were all in the same boat, well its not a boat, its a sexy yacht filled with beautiful 40 something's !

we'll all get there the healthy way! add me if you like :)
  • wantintolose40
    wantintolose40 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I have only been on here for a few weeks, but love this sight! I am soon to be 47 and want 40 pounds gone this year! Feel free to add me as I think having extra support and motivation is going to help us all with our journeys :)
  • ozzybird1
    ozzybird1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi im 47 and been doing this for nearly 3 weeks now (6lb down). Looking to lose around 50lb total. Feel free to add me. Try to log on every day even if only on the phone app. Loving the support and feeling the most positive in YEARS!! :happy: