Having Prolems

Hi all.I had my sleeve done on March 6, 2014 and I am having some problems and was wondering if anyone else has had these issues. I am always full. Today I woke up so full that I feel sick and I didn't have anything to drink/eat. I will even spit up my s/f pop sickles. I cant drink more than 2 or 3 sips without being on the verge of spitting up. My other problem is ...I am thirsty all the time even after my few sips I am still uncomfortably thirsty. I am hoping that this will go away and I will be able to atleast drink.

Replies

• sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Hi, I hope you've called your surgeon and nutritionist by now! Dehydration is nothing to fool with. Even if you can't sip and swallow, can you sip enough just to wet your tongue and inside of your mouth? Nothing that extreme has happened to me so far but I've had some days that haven't been stellar. I'll be thinking of you so please let us know what your team advises for you.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    You should be tolerating liquids pretty well at 2 weeks. Check with you medical team. Dehydration is nothing to mess with.
  • VSGJill
    VSGJill Posts: 20 Member
    I didn't have any complications, but I can tell you it sounds like you need to contact your surgeon. Dehydration is serious and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Contact Dr. You may have blockage due to swelling
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    I agree with the others. Whenever you have something like this let us know (we may have experienced something on the same level), but always contact your Dr. for his medical opinion. Hope you get over this quickly. Are you taking any stomach medication to help you heal?
  • I did contact my surgical team and have been back in the hospital for the past two days. They think I have a block in my intestines. I am just hoping to get this fixed and be able to go home soon and be able to drink something. Thanks for the advise :smile: