March 2014 Goals

Options
What are your goals for next month?

Since I turn 31 on the 31st of March, I have been giving this a lot of thought :)

1. Continue to eat food that come directly from the Earth (with the addition of eggs and fish as needed for protein)
2. Exercise at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes, one of those workouts being a run of 3.5 or more miles
3. Log ALL of my calories - no cheating!
4. Drop at least 6 pounds for good

Replies

• kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    My goals... I would like to...

- Be closer to 79kg (at last weigh in was 81.1kg)
    - Finish the day within my calorie limit at least 5 days a week
    - Walk at least 90 minutes 5 days a week
    - Complete the 30 Day Plank Challenge
    - Get in one or two 20 minute workouts either Zumba or swimming
    - Start using my new skipping rope
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Due to snow, my goals are fairly simple this month.

I want to "run" 3x3 miles at least two weeks.

Log all my calories for the month, at least as closely as I can, since I'll have one night at a friend's house.

Restart Ladder Fitness and do that every day, starting tomorrow.
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My goals are as follows:

Burn 400-500 calories a day at least 3 days a week
    Attend Pilates and continue working on core at least once a week
    Lose 2-4% body fat (This is actually my main goal)
    Move my body through some form of exercise 5 times a week. (That's an especially new challenge)
  • kmorring2014
    kmorring2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What is Ladder Fitness?

Great goals ladies :)
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    This isn't the best website, but it's where the Fitness Ladder comes from. https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/www/subsection1_2_5_0_2.html I've found that when I keep up with it (waiting until I can meet each goal) I can feel myself get stronger. I just have a hard time finding time at home (why is it easier to go out running?) to do it every day.
  • kcasey155
    Options

Week 1 update...
    - Weight 81.4kg probably due to eating about a kilo of homemade chilli last night
    - Hard to stay in my calorie goals this week, I felt really tired this week.
    - Walked 38 miles this week
    - Couldn't get past day 2 of the plank challenge, just not strong enough yet.
    - Failed to get in a workout, too tired

March didn't get off to the best start. Think I need to increase my fluid intake and get a couple of relaxation periods each week. Running around like a headless chicken all week was of no benefit. I also felt I've been craving something the last few days, but can workout what, so I've been picking on everything. Need to solve this before this week ends up like last.
  • im_all_in
    im_all_in Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late joining the group but my goals for remainder of the month are as follows:

1) Get into the 140's (haven't seen them in a couple of years!)
    2) Work on drinking my water
    3) Start incorporating strength training before cardio
    4) Get at LEAST 3 days a week of workouts in! NO LESS
  • tackmurphey
    Options
    I just joined today so these are some realistic goals for the remainder of the month ...

1. Stay under my target calories 5 days out of 7
    2. Log every calorie without cheating
    3. Exercise at least 20 min 2 times a week (cardio workout)
    4. Be down to 154lbs by the end of the month
  • CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this post before before :) So far my goals for the month have been:

*Build up to running 4 miles at a time 3-4 times a week (currently I've gotten to just over 3)
    * And to burn 500 calories 5 times a week
    * Make sure to consume 80 ounces of water a day
    *Go to bed earlier to get at least 8-9 hours of sleep (not doing so well on this one since I have a sick 1 year old, but hopefully soon :))
  • karisa711
    Options
    I love everyone's goals! Here are mine for the month:

1) Hit the 30 pound weight loss marker
    2) Exercise 6 days a weeks (3 days of classes and 3 days of running)
    3) Eat what I plan on eating
  • kcasey155
    Options

Week 1 update...
    - Weight 81.4kg probably due to eating about a kilo of homemade chilli last night

Mid Month Update...
    - Weight 81.1kg
    - Stayed within my calorie goal for five days
    - Walked over 30 miles
    - Failed to workout
    - Still need to increase my fluid intake

I've lost focus for fitness as the weather has warmed all of a sudden. This means it's time to prepare the garden for this year's vegetables. I'm now taking time out to focus on digging and sowing, exchanging one form of exercise for another! So I'm definitely not idle and still eating at a deficit, but have other priorities for a couple of weeks.
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    Due to snow, my goals are fairly simple this month.

I want to "run" 3x3 miles at least two weeks.

Log all my calories for the month, at least as closely as I can, since I'll have one night at a friend's house.

Restart Ladder Fitness and do that every day, starting tomorrow.

Snowing again today, seems fitting for a mid-month update.

I'm feeling great about running 3 x a week, though I think it's going to take longer than a month to get up to 3 miles. It's hard to admit when I used to run 20 miles/week. So maybe changing this goal to just run my C25K program 3 times a week. I also run with friends for one of these runs, and I think it will be awhile before they're up to that distance, too.

Have logged all my calories this month, though have needed to guess on a couple meals. Writing them down still feels useful.

Took a LONG time to restart Ladder Fitness. But now I've joined chains.cc and that is enough for me to want to not skip a day.
  • anusakatsoulis
    Options
    Starting a bit late, but anyway... By the end of March I'd like to lose 1kg, stick to my running regimen and start twice per week strenght training sessions. I've downloaded MFP app and hopefully I'll be better with logging in all my food.:laugh:
  • stiglich2002
    stiglich2002 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Okay I am really late. Goals for March are to be able to track my calories and stay with Calorie budget, get exercise at least 4 days a week, to avoid sugar and drink my water. I'll be more aggressive when I have been doing this longer! :-)
  • jacosta86
    jacosta86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well my Goal as of now is I just had a baby December 2013. I was 128 pre preg and went up to 160 now I pretty much lost most of my weight just need one more pound to get to 128 but I started 8 pounds over weight. So my Goal til April 26 is go down to 120. Then by May go to 115. I am making small goals since my idea weight is 105 to 107. I haven't exercise for 3 weeks just mostly sleeping with a waist trimmer belt and counting calories and putting it down mfp. I am planning to start working out and def tone up. Summer is coming and I just bought a new bathing suit.
  • kcasey155
    Options

Week 1 update...

Mid Month Update...
    - Weight 81.1kg
    - Walked over 30 miles
    - Failed to workout

I've lost focus for fitness as the weather has warmed all of a sudden. This means it's time to prepare the garden for this year's vegetables. I'm now taking time out to focus on digging and sowing, exchanging one form of exercise for another! So I'm definitely not idle and still eating at a deficit, but have other priorities for a couple of weeks.

Week 3 Update...
    - Weight 80.2kg
    - Walked 33.5 miles

Happy this week - have now lost over 2 stone. Will keep going as I am until the end of March.
  • kmorring2014
    kmorring2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have done so poorly this month with my goals but am feeling back on track after being able to fit into a size 18 dress while shopping this weekend (first time since HIGH SCHOOL I have been in a size dress that small). Looking forward to getting out of "plus sizes" once and for all in 2014!
  • kcasey155
    Options

Week 1 update...

Mid Month Update...
    - Weight 81.1kg
    - Walked over 30 miles
    - Failed to workout

Week 3 Update...
    - Weight 80.2kg
    - Walked 33.5 miles

Happy this week - have now lost over 2 stone. Will keep going as I am until the end of March.

End of Month-ish Update
    - Weight 79.5kg
    - Stayed within my total calorie goal for the entire week.
    - Walked nearly 40 miles

All is fine and dandy :happy:

I have lost over 30lbs in total now and am 5.3lbs away from my initial goal weight - to weigh 170lbs by June 1st. My second goal is to be 150lbs by December 1st. Just need to keep it up!