Easy exercise challange March 24-30

Options
Monday: lay flat on back either on floor or bed. Knees bent, then push the small of your back to the floor (or bed) Do 10

Tues: Heel slides. Again laying flat. Take the right leg and slide your heel towards your butt until knee is bent. Then do left leg. Try to do 5 each side.

Wed: Buttocks clench. While laying down squeeze your buttocks together, hold for a count of five, release. Do 5

Thurs :Ankle pumps. Laying down or sitting, raise your legs some then just bring your feet toward you then away from you. Work those ankles. Do 10

Friday: Butt kicks. Standing, holding on to a chair or counter , bring your right leg up behind you as if trying to kick self in the butt. Then do left leg. Do 5 eachside.

Saturday:Standing holding chair or counter, standing straight up bring your right leg straight out behind you, knee straight, then back in. Do the left leg next. Do 5 each side.

Sunday: Deep breaths. Stand with feet shoulder width apart,arms to your side. Then bring arms up,hands meeting at the chest, put hands together, up over head then down to side. Breathe in deeply as you bring them out, exhale as your bring them down. Do 10

Have a great week! And guess what? These are actually PT exercises I have been doing except for the deep breathing and I am going to those too on Sunday.

Sat: Standing,

Replies

• marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will do my best to do this. Need more exercise and most all of us can do these exercises. Thank you for posting this challenge! I know it will help get me moving more and help me in my weight loss. Am trying to walk more too If this weather will just get warmer!:happy:
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Monday: Pelvic Tilt:. Lay flat on back either on floor or bed. Knees bent, then push the small of your back to the floor (or bed) Do 10
    pelvic_tilt.gif

Tuesday: Heel slides. Again laying flat. Take the right leg and slide your heel towards your butt until knee is bent. Then do left leg. Try to do 5 each side.
    h9991812_001.jpg

Wednesday: Buttocks clench. While laying down squeeze your buttocks together, hold for a count of five, release. Do 5
    theperfectbuttclench123.jpg

Thursday : Ankle pumps. Laying down or sitting, raise your legs some then just bring your feet toward you then away from you. Work those ankles. Do 10
    Ankle+-+Ankle+Pumping.jpg

Friday: Butt kicks. Standing, holding on to a chair or counter , bring your right leg up behind you as if trying to kick self in the butt. Then do left leg. Do 5 each side.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5vnuRejZULPO2zdx21VRFHZp1DYWZEeriD5F3FmcBgDdJiUI36w

Saturday: Standing holding chair or counter, standing straight up bring your right leg straight out behind you, knee straight, then back in. Do the left leg next. Do 5 each side.
    20130227_bs_7187-2-268x279.jpg

Sunday: Deep breaths. Stand with feet shoulder width apart,arms to your side. Then bring arms up,hands meeting at the chest, put hands together, up over head then down to side. Breathe in deeply as you bring them out, exhale as your bring them down. Do 10
    4-shoulder-blade-exercises-02.jpg

Have a great week! And guess what? These are actually PT exercises I have been doing except for the deep breathing and I am going to those too on Sunday.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk00IILyrf6duF0EunVoQIvoR2HWoAbyJsoTF18KilqJvpuTVEyw
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Great list CAgirl...thxs! :flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    You both are welcome and thank you Wooken for the graphics again.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Thanks Californiagirl. These are great for flexibility and core strength.

@Wooken:graphics are great. Thanks for doing them.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Bump...or should I say Clench :laugh:
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    woohoo, I have actually been doing all of these each day as part of my PT. Feeling good!!
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have been doing these everyday and planning to do them the rest of the week. Thinking after this week maybe do 2 of them a day and work up to doing all of them each day. I know it will help me. Just checking in!:flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Have been doing these everyday and planning to do them the rest of the week. Thinking after this week maybe do 2 of them a day and work up to doing all of them each day. I know it will help me. Just checking in!:flowerforyou:

Good job marca_june. And yes, for doing more each week. So good for us and eases us into it.