What's for dinner?

I'm trying to figure out what to fix for dinner.... I'm looking for healthy ideas. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    I'm making chili - I also have a spaghettie squash so I think I will cook that and fill in the hollowed out part with chili and a sprinkle of cheese and toss it in the oven til it's nice and melty :bigsmile:
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Back ribs with a cup each of sauerkraut and broccoli. Healthy? Probably not. Tasty? Most definitely.
    Everything in moderation.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Leftovers! Pulled pork, low fat cole slaw, rice for my hubby. I am also going to roast baby artichokes, which I have been wanting to do all week.

Before I remembered we had leftovers that we needed to use upt, I was planning to make a Salad Nicoise, which I LOVE. Steamed potatoes, cooked green beans, tomatoes, boiled egg, canned tuna, olives, sliced onions and Bibb lettuce - drizzled with a dijon vinaigrette. You arrange all the ingredients artfully over the lettuce and it's just so pretty and healthy and scrumptious.
  • chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Last night it was a quick meal of fried cabbage and applegate hotdogs. Cabbage was pan fried in Kerry Gold butter. Delish.
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Broiled Parmesan Tilapia, Risotto with Mushrooms and Parmesan, Steamed Broccoli. And homemade blueberry pie for dessert. Yep, not completely healthy but even with all that I'm under my calorie goal for the day so it works for me.

Like CoffeGuy123 said - Everything in moderation.

:bigsmile:
  • RckyMtnTJ
    RckyMtnTJ Posts: 15 Member
    I love reading my friends diet log to see what they are eating. My favorites are those that eat totally normal foods in reasonable portions. That's what I try to do. Cut out the absolute junk and eat reasonable food in reasonable portions.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    I love reading my friends diet log to see what they are eating. My favorites are those that eat totally normal foods in reasonable portions. That's what I try to do. Cut out the absolute junk and eat reasonable food in reasonable portions.

Me too - it makes it easier - my son still lives at home so I don't want to subject him to "diet" food - but really everything I make is reasonably healthy - just have to eat the right amounts :drinker:
  • ButtercupSuckedItUp
    ButtercupSuckedItUp Posts: 18 Member
    I had chicken with a tomato/onion glaze, broccoli with a little butter, and a sweet potato cut into fries and baked with chipotle seasoning. 379 calories of yum!
  • One of MFP friends suggested pintrest. I definitely need to look for more meal options.
  • I had chicken with a tomato/onion glaze, broccoli with a little butter, and a sweet potato cut into fries and baked with chipotle seasoning. 379 calories of yum!

Please come cook for me!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,540 Member
    I'm having lasagne, sort of, but without the béchamel sauce, and the mince has spinach, pine nuts and a bit of fetta cheese in, with fresh basil leaves and brussel sprouts, it's nice!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    these all sound like great ideas!! :flowerforyou:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    I had chicken with a tomato/onion glaze, broccoli with a little butter, and a sweet potato cut into fries and baked with chipotle seasoning. 379 calories of yum!

OMG!!! I'll be keeping this one! :heart:
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Left over turkey I cooked over the weekend. Not sure what I'll do with it though.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Beef fajitas with lettuce (instead of tortilla) wraps!
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Hi , I made half a cup of rice and some high liner tilapia, a side of rapini also with a bit of oil and garlic !
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    how about a pasta salad, some whole wheat pasta or whatever noodle you have mixed with mayo and the turkey, some veggies if you like also, but I um yuck veggies LOL
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Crab cakes!
    (I baked them in a muffin tin instead of frying)