Traded my Xbox One for a PS4

Options
Slimithy
Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
I finally did it. I made the switch. I have not owned a PS anything since about 2002 when I chose the original Xbox over the PS2. I was originally set to buy a PS4 this generation when Microsoft announced their DRM and always online crap (even when they retracted it I still had a bad taste in my mouth). But I came across a Day One edition Xbox and ended up buying it anyway. I kept it for about 2 months playing BF4, AC4, and Titanfall.

I just didn't dig it. Of those games only AC4 had a worthwhile single-player experience; and none of them were particularly impressive graphically compared to the previous gen. I kept checking IGN looking at upcoming Xbone games hoping something interesting was on the horizon. I found myself irritated that I was paying for Xbox Live with only a vague promise of "Games with Gold" in the future while PS4 players have Resogun and now a twin stick zombie game along with FTP MMOs.

I posted the Xbox One on craigslist for sale or trade and got someone who was willing to trade his PS4 with 4 games for my Xbox One with 3 games + 12 month XBL card. All his friends had Xbox Ones and were playing Titanfall.

I've had more fun this weekend playing Resogun than I did in the last 2 months with the Xbox one.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Buyers remorse for any system, not just Xbox One? Has anyone done the trade in reverse?

BTW I am looking for Friends on PSN, I go by Whrathgar, I am still learning the interface for PSN.

Replies

• StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    I have both, and while I'm enjoying the XB1, I have to admit I like the PS4 more at this point. BTW, do yourself a favor and download Warframe. It's free to play, and a blast. Enjoy! Oh, and hit me up on PSN. ID: StarGeezerTim
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have the PS4, my neighbor friend has the Xbox one. Besides TitanFall, he is here every other day playing Dead Nation with me. Nuff said.