Noticeable results

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    10001520_750949078262638_2110078496_n.jpg

Wow! Do I read that right? The non metric dates always confuse me. The first pic is from the third of February and the second of the 8th of march? Just wow! Congrats!

Nice...and this is why pics are important....
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    Options
    I am quite overweight but also really muscular (the lady in the weightroom that women worry about bulking into, probably, though I am bulky no matter what I do). I saw change and tone very quickly in my shoulders, butt and legs. My legs have gotten smaller and more toned which is great, and my butt is definitely perkier :D. Its been a couple months and I've lost only about 10 pounds but my body feels really different and my shirts, especially, are smaller.

Pictures are a really good idea.
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Wow! Do I read that right? The non metric dates always confuse me. The first pic is from the third of February and the second of the 8th of march? Just wow! Congrats!

Yes, that is correct! Just slightly over one month. :) I am going to take another comparison pic within the first week of April and see the differences then!

Thank you!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Wow ! That is very significant change just in one month!
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wow, those results after 1 month are awesome! I have taken measurements and just got a pair of body fat calipers, but I haven't weighed myself in about a month. I'm afraid it will depress me. I was also doing keto (very low-carb) before I started heavy lifting/eating plenty of good carbs a couple of weeks ago, so I'm unsure of when that scary water weight that I most definitely gained back will be gone. Any thoughts on that?
  • redheadmommy
    Options
    Wow, those results after 1 month are awesome! I have taken measurements and just got a pair of body fat calipers, but I haven't weighed myself in about a month. I'm afraid it will depress me. I was also doing keto (very low-carb) before I started heavy lifting/eating plenty of good carbs a couple of weeks ago, so I'm unsure of when that scary water weight that I most definitely gained back will be gone. Any thoughts on that?
    if you were doing keto and started to eat more carb to fuel workout, you probably significantly heavier than before. However it is only water-weight and not fat, so who cares? Take pictures, and do measurements and forget the scale. I tried keto a while back but didn't like it, and didn't lose any actual fat on it. It flushed out a bunch of water at the beginning, which looks good on the scale, but the fat didn't move. Now the scale doesn't move, but my waistline shrinking, and I prefer this.
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    if you were doing keto and started to eat more carb to fuel workout, you probably significantly heavier than before. However it is only water-weight and not fat, so who cares? Take pictures, and do measurements and forget the scale. I tried keto a while back but didn't like it, and didn't lose any actual fat on it. It flushed out a bunch of water at the beginning, which looks good on the scale, but the fat didn't move. Now the scale doesn't move, but my waistline shrinking, and I prefer this.
    [/quote]

Would the gained water weight only be temporary though? I haven't weighed myself because I don't want to get discouraged, but I'm wondering when I should weigh? Will the water weight subside soon?
  • redheadmommy
    Options

Would the gained water weight only be temporary though? I haven't weighed myself because I don't want to get discouraged, but I'm wondering when I should weigh? Will the water weight subside soon?
    Starting weight training by itself lead some water retention initially to protect the muscles . This will go away in a few weeks.

However the water retention stopping keto is totally different. During keto, your glycogen stores in the muscles are empty or minimal. When you eat higher carb, your glycogen stores are not empty. Glycogen binds with water and that is the source of the water retention. That water level stays in you if you keep your carb level. If you do keto again, it goes down again.
    If the number on the scale bother you so much, hide your scale! Based on your picture, you are not obese and probably not even overweight. You may actually experience legit permanent weight gain due to the heavy lifting by putting on muscles.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    After 3-4 weeks i am the same weight (up 4 pounds since i started going to the gym 6 weeks ago) but i lost 2 inches on my belly.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, that change is much more from the weight loss than from doing stronglifts.

Yes, that is correct! Just slightly over one month. :) I am going to take another comparison pic within the first week of April and see the differences then!

Thank you!
  • wendypow
    wendypow Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, that change is much more from the weight loss than from doing stronglifts.

You mean the .7 pounds she lost? Yeah, totally. :huh:
  • MissGamerGirl
    Options

How...?
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I was in a hurry, and looked at how many pounds she has lost in total.
  • TGDMJNoles
    TGDMJNoles Posts: 26 Member
    Options

You mean the .7 pounds she lost? Yeah, totally. :huh:

Smh.
  • TGDMJNoles
    Options

Ok…that makes a lot more sense.

The results are amazing for 0.7 pounds lost while heavy lifting. I hope my next 0.7 pounds looks as good.
  • MissGamerGirl
    Options

Ohhh okay. I can understand that.

Before I was on MFP and doing any kind of weightlifting, I started Weight Watchers at 151.4 lbs and did only cardio. That got me down to 130 lbs, and then I went on vacation for the summer and started to slip. Over the course of several months I gained 10 lbs back putting me at 140 lbs. Then I educated myself, started SL and here I am! :)

Thank you for all the positive comments!!!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I will be doing my 30 week pics this weekend I hope. I will make sure I post them. I remember seeing someone who was 6months in and thinking..."I am never gonna get there...:sad: "

But I did...and feeling pretty good about the changes...

I will do the start pics and 30 weeks pics side by side comparison, front, side and back...

Hoping to get some flexed pics too as I want SS and Sara to do their magic with BF%
  • TGDMJNoles
    Options
    I will be doing my 30 week pics this weekend I hope. I will make sure I post them. I remember seeing someone who was 6months in and thinking..."I am never gonna get there...:sad: "

*Claps hands eagerly.*

SezxyStef---You are truly an inspiration. I can't wait to see what can be accomplished in 30 weeks. It will give me extra motivation I am sure!
  • CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 NSV: lifting the old flower pots full of wet dirt off the deck today to empty them out- with NO trouble. Some of those things were at least 50#. :)
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Well here are some comparison pics

eaf44056-33de-4985-937c-2e5494b06204_zpsd3f39026.jpg

Week 10 back vs Week 30...I need to learn how to flex

438efa05-4d5f-4dfc-acf0-793fb050ce43_zpsca173290.jpg

close to end of June (pre SL) vs tonight 6 months in.