W5 D3 tonight!

Options
roxy_dolly
roxy_dolly Posts: 24 Member
So tonight I'm running W5D3, which by my app is a 20min run with no walking, my first run that doesn't involve breaks...I remember when I first started on this programme, scrolling ahead to see what was to come, and just thinking NO WAY. But although I'm kinda nervous, I also have a weird feeling of excitement in the pit of my stomach! I cannot believe that I am excited to run! For anyone just starting out, it does work, you can do it. Keep going.

I was walking to the supermarket during my lunch break the other day in my high heels, and the thought 'If only I had my running shoes on I could be there by now' popped into my head. I almost don't recognise myself but I love it!

Not really a question, more of an announcement. Cheers guys :drinker:

Replies

• AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • roxy_dolly
    Options
    I did it! 3.25km/2.02miles in 20 mins. Bring on week 6 :happy:
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • mspamela1962
    Options
    I'm doing the same workout tomorrow--I'm nervous that I won't be able to do it either. It's just such a big jump from 8 minutes, which is the most I've done so far. What if I can't make it the 20 minutes?? I have loved this program--like you, I NEVER thought I could do it, and have been so excited about my progress. The first workout I could hardly make it the one minute. I'm inspired by your success...I only hope I can do as well!! Great job!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week yesterday and I have found out that I can't wait until I run again. I want to run again today but I need a rest day to recover and it get annoying.

I would be so nervious to do 20 mins of running for the first time. Good luck!
  • roxy_dolly
    Options
    I agree, it does seem like a huge jump. W6 D1&2 both go back to having a walk interval, but then it looks like straight running for every workout from there on!

Having completed my first non stop run, my tips would be to focus on how proud you're going to feel when you finish! Remind yourself that you have run that time already, you just broke it up with walks. Use a run mapping site to plan out a 2 mile course (or as appropriate) and tell yourself you're not stopping til you reach your destination.

And I loved how much quicker the workout felt as a whole without the walking.

Yay us!! :flowerforyou:
  • jdhubbard
    jdhubbard Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your W5D3 went well! Mine is tomorrow and for the longest time I was worried about it.
    However after last night's run W5D2, I'm excited to give it a try. I followed the recommendations in this group and slowed things down. Yesterday I did 8min and then pushed for 10min on the second set. It was hard but I felt like I could have done more.
    Looking forward to tomorrow! I'm on a treadmill fornow and hope the snow will be gone soon so I can head outside.