5 months PP birth control

Options
shelbz123
shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
hey everyone I am 5 months PP and breastfeeding exclusively and having a hard time finding a birth control that doesn't mess up my stomach. at my 6 week PP check up they gave me the progestin birth control and it made me so sick! my stomach was so bloated I looked 6 months pregnant and backed me up. I stopped taking it and I feel better but I need to get on some sort of birth control but am afraid to feel that sick. any suggestion's?.

Replies

• ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My hormones have been so out of whack, I didn't want to risk making them worse with hormonal birth control...we've opted for the super fun condom option.

Husband isn't pleased, but I think he'd be less pleased if I tweaked with my hormones further. ;)
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I hated the progesterone only pill. Made me feel pregnant all the time. I was so paranoid and testing like crazy. We too opted for the condoms, but we knew we wanted kids close together, so those worked until we were ready to ditch all birth control. Currently preg with #3 and we'll probably use condoms again after this one until we know if we're going to have one more or unless we're done. Then we'll pick a permanent method.

My OB recommended an IUD if we were going to wait a while inbetween kids. There's hormonal and nonhormonal. I personally am freaked out by them (don't know why half the people I've talked to use them and love them).

With 3 pregnancies in 3 years I do not need any added hormones into this crazy mix and am hoping to not use hormones ever again, which is not helpful I'm sure... Sorry.
  • ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I hated the progesterone only pill. Made me feel pregnant all the time. I was so paranoid and testing like crazy. We too opted for the condoms, but we knew we wanted kids close together, so those worked until we were ready to ditch all birth control. Currently preg with #3 and we'll probably use condoms again after this one until we know if we're going to have one more or unless we're done. Then we'll pick a permanent method.

My OB recommended an IUD if we were going to wait a while inbetween kids. There's hormonal and nonhormonal. I personally am freaked out by them (don't know why half the people I've talked to use them and love them).

With 3 pregnancies in 3 years I do not need any added hormones into this crazy mix and am hoping to not use hormones ever again, which is not helpful I'm sure... Sorry.

Yep, exactly us too. I think we might be ready for another baby sooner rather than later, so I didn't want to venture into the IUD waters. I have friends that have loved them, but I'm with you, they scare me!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I hated being on the pill, and because we used condoms anyway (because I was paranoid), it was no issue to stick with those. We are done having kids, and my husband told me that he wanted to get a vasectomy (100% his idea). I don't like the idea of IUDs.

He hasn't take any steps towards actually getting that vasectomy, so until he does we are using condoms. When he does get it done, we will be doing regular checks...
  • RandaRae16
    RandaRae16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been on Errin (mini-pill) BC Pill 6 weeks after both pregnancies. My OB gave it to me after my 1st born and it did not affect my milk supply negatively. We nursed until she was close to a year old. I stopped taking it and BOOM - pregnant with the twins after 1 period. After my 2nd pregnancy, I got right back on it and same thing - no negative issues with milk production or moods. My hubby got snipped but hasn't been back to be tested yet so I'm still on it. I don't mind the regulation of hormones or periods.

If you are done having kids, see if your mate will get snipped. It was a quick procedure, in & out w/in an hour. Yeah... he milked it for a day or two but since the twins were less than 4 months old & our daughter was 3.5 at the time - I didn't give him too much time to be on the couch without helping! :blushing:
  • shelbz123
    shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ya we may just stick with condoms. we do want more kids and we talk about wanting them close together but I almost feel guilty thinking about having another baby right now. I want to make sure out 1st born is loved and enjoy all these beautiful firsts with him. my life is already crazy with a 5 month old I cant imagine having another baby right now.
  • Mshukh
    Mshukh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We've always stuck with condoms. Doesn't mess with hormones, idiot proof, and pretty effective.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Mirena IUD here. I've had it about a year with no issues and I really like it. The hormones are much lower than with a pill and it's estrogen-free (estrogen drives my blood pressure up, so I can't use birth control with it).