In five days, we will be half-way through challenge

Options
We are 40 days into the challenge; almost half-way. How many are still here?

Replies

• __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Still here, but only a quarter of the way to the weight loss for this challenge. At least I'm still going down each week, even if its really slow.
  • purpleopaz
    purpleopaz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all still here

9 Feb - 196

8-march --- 187.25

14 March - 186.5

18 march - 183.25

total loss since challenge began 12.75. Its coming off a little slower now! Not sure i will make it!!

I am pleased as I started my journey on 16 jan weighing 209.5 so total lost 26.25 lbs

can I loose another 17.25 in the time not sure!

Tips Please... walking more, excercising more, eating well...

good luck
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 lbs. since the beginning of the challenge, but I'm finding I need to mix it up some. I've added the recumbent elliptical, have really sped up my walking with a great new playlist, and I will add water jogging to the mix this weekend, I think. I'm still doing the recumbent stationary bike, stretch trainer, and some light free weights. I've been trying to add a few more calories and keep closer to 1200. I think I really need to up my protein though. Feeling that my muscles are a little weak.
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Still here (just been busy).

January 1st starting weight: 308
    Challenge SW: 289
    CW: 269

Lost 20 since start of challenge
    Lost 39 since the start of the year!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, and losing consistently but slowly. I'm not complaining though because I have not experienced one gain thus far and the scale is moving in the right direction.

Challenge SW: 209
    CW: 199

Down 10 pounds since starting the challenge and a total of 25 since joining MFP.

I will see where I'm at by the end of this challenge. I'm not expecting to make it to 30 pounds, but I'll settle for 20. :smile:
  • LynsP79
    LynsP79 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm weigh (see what I did there?) off target - only 7lbs lost :(

A couple of reasons why but I'm just going to keep going. A loss is still a win for me. (My personal target is 160lb by June 20th)

15lbs to go.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    I think the 30 pound goal is less important than the 90 days! 90 days of logging, 90 days of trying our best, 90 days of sticking to the challenge. Whether it is 30 pounds or 3 pounds, it is less than we started with so we will be successful! We are all going to lose at different rates because we are all different. I'm just glad we are all doing it together!
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think just sticking through and staying dedicated to the process even when we have slip ups is the important thing.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!! I havent been very active here sorry!!! I had to go back to my original post to see how much I weighed in at and what my goals are. My starting weight for the challenge was 220 and I am at 209!!! I wanted to lose 20-30 pounds so I am on track to lose 20 for sure, hopefully!!!! My weight loss has stalled a bit. This week I have raised my cals and have taken 2 rest days!!! I usually dont take rest days!!! Next week I am going to lower my cals a bit and bump up my exercise some to see if that will give me a jump start!!!! To be honest, if I can get below 200 by the end of this, I will be ecstatic!!! You guys are doing great!!!!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    I think we all knew that 30 pounds in 90 days was really at the far edge of reasonable. 15 probably would have been much more realistic. I think the test is: can we stay motivated to try to reach an unreasonable goal and be happy with whatever it is. I will be. This challenge has brought me most of my MFP friends and I figure that I have been successful just meeting so many of you. I'm sticking with the challenge. Let's up the chatter here. If you are having a problem or find a good tip, post it.
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im still here although i dont always get onto forums with work/gym/kids/hubby responsibilities! lol Busy Busy Busy in the Ward household!!! Not done as well as would have hoped dispite being half way thru my second bootcamp too!

Highest weight 280lb
    Start of challenge 209lb
    weight now 203.4lb
    total in challenge 5.4lb

Im doing a lot of strenght training and running too as im doing a 10km race end of april.Although 30lb in 90 days would have been amazing ill be happy if i get into 100's and smash 10k times!!!
  • LynsP79
    LynsP79 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Another 1.5 lost, so 8.5 and add the 2 I lost before the challenge I'm at 10.5 down. My work jeans are really loose!

Feeling a lot more more positive today.

Well done everyone!
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Time flies by so fast!!!

Thanks for the reminder :D
  • joan3044
    joan3044 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm losing at a 4lbs/month rate since the start of the challenge, which is better than the 2 lbs I lost in January, before logging food daily. That's really the trick for me, the food diary, plus the fitbit, which motivates me to jog in place while the microwave is heating something, while I'm brushing my teeth, and multiple times through the day, to get to 10,000+ steps. Not 10 pounds a month but I guess I'm not willing to suffer that much! I didn't put this weight on overnight so I guess I'm not going to take it off overnight. But I am down 11 since beginning in January and on my way to 25 lost, come hell or high water.
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm still here- thanks for the reminder, Charlie! I'm down 27 lbs. Hoping That I will hit 30 lbs. at this Sunday's weigh in :-)
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ladies you are awesome and inspiring :flowerforyou:

I'm doing fine! Struggled for a while but back on the track!

Lost 12 lbs by last week and so ready to see my hard work this week!

I hope I'll be as close as I can to 30 lbs by May 11th 2014

Good luck to us:heart:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be closer to the goal than me. I don't know what the problem is for me, but the weight is falling off slowly. I'm not complaining at all though. At least the scale is moving in the right direction.

Challenge SW: 208.8
    CW: 196
    Down 12.8 pounds

I am going to keep pushing to see where I am by the end of the challenge.