Great Article re Transformation, Scale & Body Image Issues

Options
kelly_e_montana
kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
Great blog post about how CrossFit takes your mind off the scale and puts it back on what your body can do and how the scale is not the best measure of success! http://reganreedblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/all-about-the-numbers/

Replies

• Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Nice post, thanks for sharing!
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree great post! Reading these amazing CF stories and feeling defeated by my 14.3 performance has made me realize that I have settled into a comfortable CF zone and need to push even harder. I love seeing so many make steady progress towards their fitness goals. It is just the motivation I needed to read tonight!
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    Don't discouraged! Last week I was in tears and thinking all was in vain because i don't have pull ups. Then they threw my best move in the next week. We all have strengths and weaknesses and a lot of them are mental/emotional. I love it and we just have to ride the wave! Overall, the progress is there when we look at it longer term instead of just focusing on what we can't do today.:smile:
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that. Being a 37 y/o obese woman, I sometimes wonder if I will ever be able to do the WODs unassisted. That story brought tears to my eyes.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    So motivating :-)

The first half of that (the half where she isn't strong and fit yet) is almost me - I say almost, because I love dresses!
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    So many of us can relate to this story (*even guys) . . . Each one of us got started down this path for our personal reasons, we all keep going for those same reasons and maybe, even added a few reasons along the way. But we keep going, we keep pushing and someday, hopefully we all ge there - - - but even then, we'll probably keep going !!

So, I'm Mark. I am not old and I don't call myself over-weight anymore; I am focussed, a little goofy and have become a damn good athlete and a better person … but I'm not done yet !!!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I started CrossFit about 3 weeks ago so pretty much everything is scaled for me, but I don't let it get me down. My numbers are solely for ME to improve!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Great blog post about how CrossFit takes your mind off the scale and puts it back on what your body can do and how the scale is not the best measure of success! http://reganreedblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/all-about-the-numbers/

I'm going to throw this out there.

Are hotlinks too much to ****ing ask for MFP?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I started CrossFit about 3 weeks ago so pretty much everything is scaled for me, but I don't let it get me down. My numbers are solely for ME to improve!

100% the proper attitude. Pick a goat and work on it (double unders are the easiest) and every few months try something new. A handstand, a pull up, something. You'll be surprised as hell when you get one and had no expectation that you could.
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I loved that!
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options

I'm going to throw this out there.

Are hotlinks too much to ****ing ask for MFP?

LOL
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    love this!