Independence Challenge

Options
mulecanter
mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
So, if you are like me, you have not yet reached your ultimate goal weight. Or, like some of our current group, you are starting maintenance and need that extra support to keep you on track and lock in that new and fabulous physique. Many have already expressed interest in a follow-up to our foolish challenge. I concur. Shmu and I have agree to carry on with an "Independence Challenge". The start date will give you little respite from your regimen--I hope this is a good thing! The plan is to start April 4th and end on July 4th. As I've mentioned before, my UK friends are heartily invited to join despite our temporary falling out in 1776. I expect our Canadian and Australian cousins to help us keep things civil. I think we can all agree that there is no better way to celebrate the end of taxation without representation than unveiling a new bikini or (insert male equivalent here).

April 4th is a Friday as is July 4th for a total duration of 13 weeks. I'm proposing that we build the spreadsheet on a Friday weigh-in rhythm, however, recognizing many prefer a Monday weigh-in, the rules (aka no-rules) will allow for Monday weight entries. Shmu will be loading up a new spreadsheet also on Google Drive and he is offering to generate reminder emails if folks want them (he is an IT genius). I'll establish the new group on MFP in the next few days--I'm still looking over potential logos. If you have other suggestions to add to the fun I'll certainly entertain them before I throw them out :wink: .

If you don't achieve your goal during this current challenge, fear not. As Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."

Replies

• BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome idea to me! I am NO where near the goal I set for myself this challenge. I vow to do better in the next one. (we are going to the beach in June and I gotta get with the program!) lol
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm in for one more challenge. Thanks for all the good work you do to keep this group going.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    MOAR MOAR MOAR!!!!!! I just really like this group :)
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Already thinking about my new goal for this challenge. Thanks!!! It should be interesting since I will be on vacation the next to last week of the challenge. Vacation will be a feeding frenzy!!!!!!
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Perfect!!! I did not reach my goal this time, I will do much better with this next challenge. Thanks for putting these together :drinker:
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another challenge
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I would love to join another challenge. I don't really post in the forums, but having a spreadsheet to enter the information in keeps me motivated. And I would definitely prefer the friday weigh-ins :)
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Please invite me to your new challenge group when you set it up. Thanks for doing this!
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm in and :love: Friday weigh-ins!
  • Hopietay
    Hopietay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great! I'm in.
  • ame43
    ame43 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is a great group!! I would love to participate in the independence challenge as I have 40 more pounds to lose~
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in and :love: Friday weigh-ins!

Friday weigh-ins sound good to me!:drinker: :love: :smile:
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the next one. I didn't find this one till rather late and like the spreadsheet and motivation.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I got a long ways to go, so I'll be in til the end of the year or so..however long we go.
  • Lifeisfantastic
    Lifeisfantastic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if it's not too late. I lost my mojo about halfway through the last one and need to re-commit!