Shopping List - UK

Options
2»

Replies

• CAPS7777
    CAPS7777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im on the blank plan, as I have arthritis in my fingers and hands and find it hard to prepare and cook food. That said without advertising, I buy fresh fruit, veg and yoghurts every couple of days so that it remains fresh. One tip I have learnt never shop on an empty stomach.
    I will keep in mind all your ideas for when I am at the maintain stage, thank you.
    58398269.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This week's menu:
    S - Hairy dieters sweet and sour chicken,brown rice
    S - Roast chicken, veg, roasties, yorkshires and stuffing (12 for dinner, so will just have small portion of roasties and stick to veg), fruit salad
    M - Beef and veg in oyster sauce, brown rice
    T - Pasta and sauce
    W - Hairy dieters chicken korma and rice
    T - slow cooked beef and veg stew, 1/2 jacket potato
    F - Valentine's menu - hiary dieters chicken ceasar salad, steak, salad and chips, raspberry souffle
    S - something slow cooked
    S - cook yourself slim lamb tagine
  • slimandtrimsoon65
    slimandtrimsoon65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    can't be that flexible as I don't do the cooking! Easier to have porridge (2min microwave variety) for breakfast. Homemade veg soup, sandwich and/or salad for lunch. Weightwatchers meal and extra veg for dinner. Saves the stress of my husband feeding me his sized portions! usually leaves a bit extra for snacks and treats. Not sure it will work for others but keeps me in control
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This week:

Monday: hairy dieters moussaka
    Tuesday: fresh pasta and tomato/basil sauce
    Wednesday: leftover beef stew pie (no pastry for me!), roasted butternut and broccoli
    Thursday: slow cooked spaghetti bolognese
    Friday: chicken in light white wine sauce, rice, carrots and peas
    Saturday: hairy dieters spicy bacon pasta
    Sunday: hairy dieters mince and vegetable pie

We menu plan every week and get shopping delivered on a sunday night, and meals have to be suitable for a busy family of 4. Some nights my boys have evening activities so time is a factor too!

Sounds lovely x
  • Michelleh118
    Michelleh118 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want to I have been slacking since September last year, and have put back on 10lbs, today is my start over day. My planner will be open to friends., great menus everyone gives me some great ideas on what to make. Thank you.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have to find enough food every day to meet my total daily estimated energy TDEE, which is 2220 kcal a day. Fruit and veg is minimum, as they contain little or no kcal. So, I concentrate mainly on carbs, potatoes aren't high in carbs, so I eat a lot of pitta bread, tortillas, chapattis, pasta and noodles. Also, by concentrating on the carbs, the proteins add up naturally. I usually, overstep my protein intake, but I need to learn to introduce more fat, to balance it out. So, more cottage cheese, fromage fraiche, and olive oil.
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So easy really.

Monday - Curry
    Tuesday - Curry
    Wednesday - Curry
    Thursday - Curry
    Friday - Curry
    Saturday (cheat day) - Thai green Curry
    Sunday (Calming day) - Thai red curry.

:)
  • mrsl90
    mrsl90 Posts: 31
    Options
    I plan my meals in advance due to my shift work. Next weeks menu consists of:
    Monday. Fresh tuna loin in teriyaki marinade, stir fry veg and egg noodles
    Tuesday. Quorn chilli with spinach
    Wednesday. Chicken stroganoff- sauce made with quark
    Thursday. Cod with herby crust, broccoli, sweet corn and peas, roasted baby pots( done with fry light)
    Friday. Chicken with pesto and pasta
    Saturday. Baked eggs with spinach, chorizo and a crusty bun
    Sunday. Pot beef with cauliflower, cabbage, sweet potato, small Yorkshire pudding(homemade) and gravy
    Hope this helps
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So easy really.

Monday - Curry
    Tuesday - Curry
    Wednesday - Curry
    Thursday - Curry
    Friday - Curry
    Saturday (cheat day) - Thai green Curry
    Sunday (Calming day) - Thai red curry.

:)

I can see a pattern there... but I can't quite put my finger on it... :laugh:

I'm not much of a planner. I tend to grab some protein - whatever's on offer at the supermarket, or going cheap and then have a think about what it's going to turn into. Go tos are, though, homemade burgers, thai curries, stew or slab o' meat (or fish) and salad. I should plan each week - would save some money, definitely.:wink: