Introductions

Options
Hello and Welcome! Please introduce yourself to the group so we can get to know you and all support each other better. Thanks for joining. I wish you great success on your weight loss journey!

Replies

• doctorsoandso2
    doctorsoandso2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Im JoAnna. I'm from the Gainesville, FL area. I joined My Fitness Pal in December 2011. Even though i was working out diligently at the gym doing cardio and weight training, and eating healthy, i was staying the same size. I wasn't even toning! After 6 months, i decided I needed back up. I joined Medi last week. My first progress check weigh in is tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • erika613
    erika613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Erika and I'm in week 5 of the Medi program. I'm in the south San Francisco Bay Area and am lucky enough to be doing the program with my partner.

I have PCOS and am TTC, so my reproductive endocrinologist recommended Medi to me. This clinic is supervised by two OB/GYN's, so she felt they would be able to balance my weight loss needs with preparing for a healthy pregnancy.

I was really resistant to joining the program -- there are a lot of aspects that cause anxiety for me. But, the clinic team was great about giving me solutions that would minimize anxiety. So far, I can't deny the results!

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress! :)

-erika
  • vzelkina
    Options
    Hi my name is Vera and I just started the Medi Weight loss. In day one
  • erika613
    erika613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Vera! Welcome to Medi!

Week 1 was the absolute hardest for me -- my poor medical assistant got the death stare when I went in for my booster. But if you are honest with your team then they generally have good tools to help you through whatever you are going through.

feel free to friend me if you want. I lost 70 lbs and am in maintenance. My partner has lost over 120 lbs and is still in the acute phase for at least another 2 months.
  • zackery2011
    Options
    You said Introduce yourself so here is my long into LOL.

Hello everyone, I just joined Medi-Clinic Wednesday. I'm a little unsure if it will work, but I hope so with as much money as I'm paying since I don't make much. LOL. I haven't always been big, Just 2 years ago I was a model [125lbs]. Then had to stop when I gained 30lbs [155lbs],I would work out vigorously at the gym with not a pound lost. (during my pregnancy I found out I am hypothyroid, so I believe this is the reason- now I am on medication). Then I got pregnant- which caused maybe 20lbs [175lbs]. I did lose my son- so no breast feeding to help burn the pounds, also went into a depression. I DIDN'T gain from the depression, but I didn't lose either. After a year I pulled myself out of the depression and lost 25lbs [150lbs]. But then this December I got the Depo-Provera Shot (due to me having endometriosis).... Big mistake. That caused me to gain 60 pounds in 4 months! Since I stopped the injections I have not gained any, yet have not lose either :-(. I have usually always been a healthy eater, yet outside forces keep causing me to gain more and more weight. lol.

I am doing ok with only having 700 calories a day- I think I tend to have always been a person who under eats. So no appetite suppressant for me. I just miss being able to have veggies and fruit! I am worried that the clinic wont work for me since things in the past haven't, but the NP says it will. Also, I have not found bad reviews on them at all.

Has anyone with hypothyroidism or whom had the depo shot had success with this?
  • NewShenoah
    Options
    Hello, I have been with the Medi-Clinic for about a week and a half. I think I can really do this... didn't plan on starting around the holidays, but i figure great time to start. I am a carb and sweet eater, and have hypothyroidism. The eating and control of it was easier than i though but starting weight being around 209 and now down to 200 in this short time i love it. Plan on bringing in the New Year with a New ME
  • mg2765
    mg2765 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys. I know this is an older group, but I thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing? My name is Michelle, I'm 39 from CT. Today was my first day on the program. Here in CT, they run it a bit differently - I can't get the shots until my second week as they have to personally order them for each client, instead of having a supply on hand. So, I'm doing everything (all supplements and the appetite suppressant) but no shots yet. I'm hoping that those of you who were on here a couple of years ago can chime in and let me know if you had success on the program? Has it been hard to keep the weight off after making goal?
  • jenb1830
    jenb1830 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am about 2 1/2 weeks into the program and have lost about 4.5 pounds so far. I have a goal of 20-pound weight loss total. I know it doesn't seem like a lot of weight in comparison to someone who has a larger amount of weight that they would like to lose, however 20-pounds is still a significant amount, especially on my 5'2" frame. For the most part, I eat a healthy, low carb diet already, I just wanted to get a little extra help with the calorie restriction so that I can finally lose this weight.
    Here's to community and support!
  • kjdonlevy
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I joined Medi 7 weeks ago and have lost 25.5 lbs. I have 20-25 lbs. more to lose to reach goal. Yippe - I'm halfway there. Medi has been awesome. I've tried all the others - they just don't work. I have an underactive thyroid that makes losing weight difficult but Medi is making it easy. I wanted to start talking to others and sharing the journey so I found this forum and here I am!

Looking forward to "meeting" everyone,
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just joined Medi. I am on day 3. I can honestly say I have not been hungy. I am shocked.

I have quite a bit of weight to lose. My first goal is 46lbs. That will get me back to where I worked hard to be through calorie counting and walking 2.5 years ago. When life got crazy, I gained it all back. I felt I needed the support of weekly accountability as well as the doctor guidance. I have and underactive thyroid and a family history of obesity which has always made it difficult to lose weight. I never thought I could do carb free. While I really want carbs, I also really want to lose weight. I have seen some of the amazing results and I want them too.

Looking forward to getting this weight off!
  • cayman0629
    cayman0629 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm on day 4 of Medi Weight Loss. My name is Kathleen and my goal is to loose 35 pounds. Like many people, I have tried a lot of diets but I always sabotage myself. I either get discouraged when I'm not seeing results or if I see results I decide I need a treat. I can do just about any diet for a month so I prepaid 12 weeks at MWL. This week is all protein and I admit I'm wishing for something different but I will stick with this.

I like reading how everyone else is doing so I will be checking back and posting my progress as well, Good luck everyone - I know anything is possible if you want it enough. :bigsmile:
  • cayman0629
    Options
    I went to my first weigh in on Saturday and I'm 4.5 pounds down. Week two is a big change for me. When I started I was hungry a lot but now I need to work to get the food requirement in. I'm going to do everything they tell me to do and will report back in a week. Feeling really positive!!:laugh:
  • mommaski4
    Options
    I went to my first weigh in on Saturday and I'm 4.5 pounds down. Week two is a big change for me. When I started I was hungry a lot but now I need to work to get the food requirement in. I'm going to do everything they tell me to do and will report back in a week. Feeling really positive!!:laugh:

Congratulations! That is a great start!

I lost 10.8 my first week and 2.0 the second (I do have at least double what you have to lose). Starting week three. I find I am not usually hungry which is proving to be good. I never thought could do low carb but I am doing suprisingly well. The weekdays are easier than the weekends. I have been learning that I was eating just to eat. Now I am eating only at my meal times.
  • cayman0629
    Options
    I just returned from weigh in and I'm 2 more pounds down. I'm with you on the fact that the weekends are more difficult but taking it one day at a time. I am focusing hard this week and hoping for 3 pounds this time. The water weight was already gone so to know I lost 2 pounds of pure fat this week is wonderful. Good luck this weekend, you can do anything!
  • cayman0629
    Options
    How is everyone doing on the plan? I'm down another 2.5 pounds, had some great moments and some bad ones. I have remained in Ketosis for 5 weeks now without any setbacks. I've been extremely strict so when I have previously made a bad choice it didn't affect my ketosis. Anyway, yesterday I ate a little bit of fruit. When I say a little I mean one grape, a tablespoon size piece of mango and a tablespoon size piece of peach. It was delicious and I thought, oooohhh I love this and I should treat myself more often because this is still healthy. Well, it knocked me out of ketosis so no more until I reach goal. I'm surprised how sensitive I was to it.

Hope all it well with everyone.
  • mommaski4
    Options
    I am doing great! I am so happy with the plan and the results. I am down a total of 28.2lbs in 7 weeks. A mini goal of mine is to reach 30lbs by month end. I think it is in site!

I have watched everything and logged every bit of food I put in my mouth. I check my keto levels every morning just to see that I am in ketosis. If for some reason I am not, then I need to look back and revise my eating. I have made conscious choices a very few times to eat/drink something higher in carbs but in very small amounts. It is usually just a bit outside my carb goals for the day.

I think we all have our not so great moments. The important thing is to get right back on plan. Eat mainly proteins to get back in sync and then go forward again. You are doing great! Keep it up.
  • djh6520
    djh6520 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Donna. I'm in Fort Worth TX. I joined Medi Weight Loss in April of 2014. I have lost 30 pounds so far. I haven't been all that good or faithful on my diet but have still steadily lost at least a pound a week. Yay! I'm interested in talking to other people about meal and snack ideas.
  • mgerhart13
    mgerhart13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello-

I am back on Medi as of Thursday. In am in the Acute phase for one more day. It has been tough, but looking forward to adding back carbs slowly.
  • mgerhart13
    mgerhart13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Donna-

Are you still doing Medi?