Stupid App questions

Options
I use the SL 5x5 App on my iPhone. I love its convenience, except for 2 things I can't figure out:

1. If I click away from the App or if my screen locks, I have to re-enter everything I've done for the day. Meaning, if I've clicked 3 sets of 5 squats and I'm in the rest period before my 4th set, if my phone shuts off or if I try to do anything on my phone during those 90-180 seconds, it erases the 3 sets I've marked off. I like to check websites and stuff during my rest, particularly looking for form videos, etc, since I'm new. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Also, is there a way to change the number of reps in a set if I fail early? If, for example, on my 3rd set of OHP I only manage 4 reps, is there a way to change the number inside the little circle?

Honestly, I do love the App because it's so simple and I'm someone who enjoys the instant gratification of clicking a button, but it's almost TOO bare-bones.

Replies

• Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hm, the first point:

mine was reminding me of going on when I did it like you once. It went like: now, you should do the next set. But I use the android version. Now I just log my sets after I am done in one step, because I want to decide myself how and when I go on.

second point: this I would also like to know.

Sorry, I feel I was not very helpful...
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    To be honest I haven't used this for ages as don't do 5x5 but on the old version I never had the problem of the sets disappearing? I remember the timer used to stop if you exited the app though lol.

On the old version just tap again to lower the rep by one, this may be different now.

Hopefully a current user can help you out further :smile:
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Make sure you've upgraded to the newest version. Are you droid or iOS?

On iOS to show you didn't get 5 full reps just tap the set field repeatedly - with each tap it'll decrement from 5.

For the workout blowing away if you leave the ap - upgrades should fix it. Sometimes if it doesn't bring me back to my current workout if choose 'new' the app will prompt that I have an unfinished workout and ask if I want to continue that one... ...which gets me back to my previously entered data.

It's a cute minimalist app, but I switched to using a notebook about a month ago and I'm much happier with it. Easier to look back on my prior stuff, I can add accessory work and eaily keep notes about how the workout is going.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded this 3 weeks ago, i love it.

1. I just stay in the app. I listen to an audiobook (or podcasts) so that keeps me entertained while waiting. Plus i get really distracted easily.

2. Just tap the 5 again, it cycles through 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, then back to 5.

The only complaint i have is i wish it had a way to tell me or help me figure out which plates to put on. It takes so much mental math to do it. :/ i am bad at math, yes, but i need to see it (write it)!
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Make sure you've upgraded to the newest version. Are you droid or iOS?

On iOS to show you didn't get 5 full reps just tap the set field repeatedly - with each tap it'll decrement from 5.

For the workout blowing away if you leave the ap - upgrades should fix it. Sometimes if it doesn't bring me back to my current workout if choose 'new' the app will prompt that I have an unfinished workout and ask if I want to continue that one... ...which gets me back to my previously entered data.

It's a cute minimalist app, but I switched to using a notebook about a month ago and I'm much happier with it. Easier to look back on my prior stuff, I can add accessory work and eaily keep notes about how the workout is going.

Everything she said. :)

I've been wanting to use a notebook too, I've been writing on the plywood in my shed all the warm up sets and accessory work ;)
  • missjeanlouise
    missjeanlouise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You ladies are awesome. And I am a doofus.

Thank you!!